2020 Cadbury Series

2020 Cadbury Series2020-09-16T14:10:33+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2020 Cadbury Series

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 363 total)
  • Author
    Participant

It got away from NZA when Hume came on lol everyone seems to be ignoring that

Zara
    Participant

Was a great game! I thought Kelly Jury was excellent when she came on in the last quarter. Really enjoyed seeing Poi play too!

fayth.doherty
    Participant

It will be interesting to see how the ferns go against the men’s team.

Zac
    Participant

Does anyone else think it would be really nice for NZ Netball to let England play a warm up game or two against one of the other three teams seen as England won’t have played a proper match in a while and the teams are already together???

TB
    Participant

I’m sure a few practice matches would be organised for them. I would say it’ll be behind closed doors.

TB
    Participant

AHDZ not ignoring it – just rather highlight all the good stuff that happened on the court 😉

Bluebird
    Participant

This might be an unpopular opinion but I think Bird was better than Dunn. Bird needs to work on her range but every season she has shown progress.

Monica Faulkner, just loving watching her play. I never want to see Dunn at GA again though.

Ian Harkin
    Ian Harkin
    Zara
    Participant

I agree Bluebird, to be honest she looked very much out of her depth!

England will definitely need some practice matches! I’m still so intrigued to see how we put a starting 7 together with the squad we have got out there. Especially after seeing the ferns and NZA play today!!

Kwkiwi
    Participant

Both Ferns defenders seemed to be sitting back on Dunn leaving Falkner with more room to move in the first quarter that Dunn was on. Wonder if that was a deliberate tactic. Bird did well but still seems to fumble the ball at times. She’s greatly improved this season though.

sarahlove
    Participant

My brief thoughts after watching.
    1. Falkner – Wow!
    2. Bird – better than I expected
    3. Nweke – seemed a little nervous but i think she will be okay after the first game
    4. Defenders – Ferns defenders were so good – a different combo every quarter but each one contributed and I think it’d be pretty tricky to pick the starting 7 based solely on yesterday’s game (which of course they don’t), except they Watson has to be in it somewhere
    5. Mason in u21s – future superstar
    6. I couldn’t pick a starting shooting circle for the u21s. Promising combos throughout.
    7. Winders was nuggety and worked hard
    8. So glad to see the teams running different combos

minkie
    Participant

Thanks nuts4netty re Maria Folau

WeWood
    Participant

Interesting observation from Bowden in commentary (who prefaced she’s a big Gordon fan), but would encourage her to stop running like a freight train to who she passed the ball to and having little room to receive the next pass.

It was very noticeable the energy and lift she provided when she came on – perhaps a bit to prove for being put into NZA for the week..

I think some of the established Ferns – IMO Selby-Rickit, Mes, Saunders and Rore – need to keep growing because it feels like there’s plenty of talent clipping at their heels (which is what you want, and arguably in the past there hasn’t been that strong layer under the Ferns ready to step into the 12).

minkie
    Participant

Great to know there’s players coming through, we haven’t had that luxury for awhile (seems since IVD retired)

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 363 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2020 Cadbury Series