2020 Cadbury Series

2020 Cadbury Series2020-09-16T14:10:33+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 363 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Watson working so hard, the height difference is just quite a lot when the mid court chooses to lob into Levi. The men’s GA, Jefferson, is getting quite a lot of room though.

Wasn’t paying specific attention to who is on at GK for Ferns but she needs to start in front, ye: it’s hard against Levi’s stature but starting behind us even worse than starting off because you can’t get anything against his height from that position.

Netballcrazy1
      Participant

Nweke causing a few turnovers with some really rushed shots that are under the post and shouldn’t be missed but I think it might be the pressure as well. But her movement around the circle has been good to watch and she’s managed to keep some very poorly placed passes in, very good balance.

1/2 time: Silver Ferns won that Q to edge back into it. Good contest.

Jinxibo
          Participant

Much better quarter by the Ferns but someone needs to tell Nweke to slow down, way too many air balls. Also did anyone else notice that Winders seemed reluctant to feed Nweke?

mcleod
            Participant

Ekenasio with some very long, very high shots.

Jinxibo
              Participant

Having said all of that Nweke shooting stats were better than Wilson – 73% to 63%

gari79
                Participant

For those complaining about the men not having a different kit, a polite reminder that they are self-funded and have already spent a lot of money to even play in this comp, especially those based in Australia. One would think the Ferns would have an alternative kit for such an occasion.

It’s also really interesting to see the men still making the basic error of not running onto the ball. The Ferns have gained quite a bit of possession on account of the men standing still and waiting for the ball to come to them.

Netballcrazy1
                  Participant

Yes agree, the men shouldn’t have to have an alternative kit as even though netball is not funded heavily, men’s netball is completely out of pocket.

Also @gari79 agree with the observation of not running to the ball. They have made a few errors as a result but I think they have done that a few times because of reliance on height and sometimes just because they really are standing still and not taking their body to the ball.

Ferns’ shooting percentage is in the low 70s, too low. Falkner has missed a few now as well this quarter. If the % was in the high 80s this game would be a lot closer. NZ Men up by 9 at the moment

mcleod
                    Participant

Be nice is Levi actually sat on the bench for some of a game.
                      But the Men would really struggle without him, they just have 1 option.

mcleod
                      Participant

Men wore a white/grey shirt last year.
                        Ferns shouldn’t have to wear another colour.

3/4 time: The men’s team put the foot down in that qtr winning it 17-11. Strong defence forcing the Ferns into error.

Netballcrazy1
                          Participant

Yes, I would love to see the Ferns vs Men in the years after Levi isn’t playing anymore. Nothing against Levi, he is actually a very mobile GS for his height which is rare in netball but if you look to the NBA, obviously not impossible. I’d just be interested to see both teams playoff with more reliance on skill than the ability to lob it into a GS, but that’s just my opinions with any team that has a very tall shooter, I’m a viewer who prefers a moving circle or if there is a tall GS, that they still move around a bit.

Netballcrazy1
                            Participant

Levi off, another GS comes on but he looks almost as tall as Levi to be honest but I don’t know that for sure.

Edit: He’s 2.12m according to the commentators

Men up by 14 now.

Does anyone know that the score was the last time these two teams played eachother?

Netballcrazy1
                              Participant

Levi comes on at GK, Nweke in for a battle. Can’t wait to see this actually. Also, I think the men’s team are actually wearing navy, quite dark, but not sure that it’s black.

mcleod
                                Participant

Wonder who Dame Noels will select as the 4 shooters, for the England series.
                                  Does she take a bumbling Te Paea, or the more speedy Falkner. I don’t think Nweke is ready yet, can’t be missing so many close range shots.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 363 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top