2020 Cadbury Series

2020 Cadbury Series2020-09-16T14:10:33+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2020 Cadbury Series

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 363 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Nweke rebounds over Levi and within a second tries to shoot and it’s a complete airball. Nweke has some great qualities for a GS but she has quite a bit of development to do in my opinion, especially in terms of positioning on her defender and just taking a breath. I have seen Nweke play a handful of times so take my comment with a grain of salt.
    On the other end the ball is nearly being lobbed from nearly all the way at the transverse line into Gerber, NZ men’s GS, he’s a massive target, very good for their team.

nanator
    Participant

Nweke has so much learning to do, but this experience will be invaluable for her. I would take Nweke, Falkner, Ekanasio, Wilson for the England series.
    TPSR has been very average and is also carrying injury – Falkner and Nweke offer a point of difference.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Full Time: NZ Men’s 60-47

Ian Harkin

Full time: Strong 60-47 win in the end to the NZ Men. Ferns’ shooting % went down as the match wore on thanks to the pressure over the shot. Junior Levi even took a turn at GK at the end.

Jinxibo
    Participant

Last year SF lost the first game to the men by 4 and the final by 12. Score 66 to 54

Let’s hope it’s the other way around this time.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

If NZ can reduce the number of turnover in attack and get that shooting percentage up to low 90s, they could win. It’s just harder to get consistency right now with all the rotations they are doing to see what they like.

gari79
    Participant

Interesting to see the long feeds stat: 27 (men) vs. 22 (Ferns), so it wasn’t the lob fest many think it was.

Jinxibo
    Participant

Falkner and Nweke looking like a good combo but agree Nweke needs to sort out her shooting. Not wholly convinced she should be in the the squad to face the Roses, however, she does need to gain experience of playing against different defences at an international level.

TB
    Participant

Souness was outstanding in her time on the court. Souness Saunders Poi and Winders would be my pick.

My shooters would be Wilson Eke Nweke and Falkner.

Defence picks itself.

greenasgxld
    Participant

Let’s remember that England aren’t going to have an overly tall defence, so I feel like Nweke will be picked for the extra height. Also I’m pretty sure that TPSR is nursing an injury??

Ian Harkin

NZChampion
    Participant

Man I thought Nweke held her own in some of those phases of play. How anyone scores over those giants is beyond me. The nerves were going 100 for Nweke lol. But that will make her stronger, she muscled up well with them, but needs to woke on her nerves. Falkner is primed for Silverferns. She shows far more energy than TP ever will.

Winders was much stronger in WD and came up with some brilliant intercepts. I was very impressed.

Maia
    Eke
    Crampton
    Saunders
    Burger
    Watson
    Sulu

Jury
    Falkner
    TP
    Winders
    Souness

I think is the strongest lineup. Poi hasn’t really impressed me. She’s been present on court, but I’m not really noticing her. Saunders is by far the best option for C.

NZChampion
    Participant

Oh crap, Nweke in for TP I mean.

nanator
    Participant

I wish Sounness stayed at Magic; Sounness-Winders combo would be good to develop for the Ferns

TB
    Participant

Nweke will be so dominant on the international scene.

What I did like about her game today, was she was still confident in her holding game. She did add movement, but she kept to her strength of holding. She took some good ball in the air, and set herself up well.
    I was concerned that she was going to totally change up her game, because the men are so strong in the air.
    She definitely rushed a few shots, and needed to take a breath. But on a whole I thought she really held her own.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 363 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2020 Cadbury Series