2020 Cadbury Series

2020 Cadbury Series2020-09-16T14:10:33+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 363 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’d like to see the U21’s at full strength when they play the Ferns.

Imagine Sulu, Watson and Burger having to face a Nweke, Metuarau and Gordon attack, wow

I forgot TPSR is carrying an injury, even more reason to select Faulkner for the Roses Series

mcleod
      Participant

Nweke needs to have Ekenasio as the GA, she is very calming.

englishrose21
        Participant

I think Noeline should select Nweke. We (England) have an inexperienced circle defence over in NZ and it would be a good opportunity for her. She’s also a lot taller then our defence. So would be a good learning for her. I agree about her being paired with Ekenasio, she was a lot more confident. Also she would get her rebounds against the roses unless they were airballs.
          I would like to see Nweke, Wilson, Nweke and Faulkner. Then TPSR if they have have 5? But she’s definitely injured.

Jinxibo
          Participant

Englishrose, I hear you, the Roses defence isn’t blessed with height but Quashie and Hali can leap.

There was an article a few weeks back saying that Eke and TPSR were carrying injuries and their load would have to be managed.

sarahlove
            Participant

I went to these games last night. My brief thoughts.

1. In real life, the men’s uniform is dark blue, not black. It is still very clashy.

2. Souness was amazing.

3. Nweke – not quite ready but so glad they have her in the system

4. Winders worked very hard, off the call as well

5. Watson amazing

6. Bird uses her elbows much more than I thought she did

7. The men are SO fast.

8. Paris Mason shines very brightly

9. Saviour Tui was awesome – I hope we can see her at GS for mystics this year, not just GA.

10. So stoked to be able to go to the netball with the current world.

Maryann
              Participant

TPSR & Eke are both carrying archilles injuries.

Metuarau is just back after nursing her archilles. She also had knee cleanout surgery at the end of last season.

Watson still must be having ankle issues – saw it ice packed after the game last evening.

Will be very disappointed if Wilson persists in not giving Tui full games and starting her in Mystics games next season. She deserved better this season.

Zara Collings
                Participant

I honestly think the U21 could give Ferns a closer game than NZA! Really loved this series as I didn’t follow the ANZ as closely so it’s great to see so many new players on the international level!

I would have actually liked the NZ U21 side to have all the U21 players in it, including Earle, Gordon, Nweke. There’s lots of time for them to play for the senior side later on. the WYC is next year. why not give them a good run together against top opposition. It’s been a bit confusing having players swapping from one team to another, and not seeing the very best NZ U21 side available.

NZChampion
                        Participant

I think the under 21s will play at full strength today.

Zara Collings
                          Participant

Does anyone know where I can watch replays in the UK? I missed u21 vs NZA this morning on live and I can’t find it?

stars-supporter
                            Participant

I agree with you Ian about it being confusing seeing players swapping teams within this series.

When I tuned in halfway during the NZA vs U21 game yesterday, it took me awhile to realise they had chopped and changed teams. Not particularly helpful that they weren’t published anywhere I could find easily.

Standout players for me – Gordon, Nweke, Souness and Falkner. Tui and Cullen Jr in the U21s are awesome too.

It was great seeing the Stars attacking end for 2021, I’m excited :yahoo:

stars-supporter
                              Participant

Nweke has been named in the SF team to face U21s – to Tui’s benefit I think. Should be a great game.

NZChampion
                                Participant

Okay well this is a great opportunity for Tui and Metuarau to shine. They deserve it given their stellar performance last night.

I really loved the way Metuarau communicated on court. She talked throughout the whole game. Great leadership and very well spoken.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 363 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top