2020 Cadbury Series

2020 Cadbury Series2020-09-16T14:10:33+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2020 Cadbury Series

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 363 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I believe we will be able to watch it the same way we would watch the ANZP

Ian Harkin

Yep. Happened last year.

Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

Baller
    Participant

Wow! Great to see Winders and Faulkner back in the fold. No surprises on defence.

To be fair, all of the defenders struggled against Nweke in the ANZ. I think with some structured coaching Nweke will go very far.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Baller.
    Ian Harkin

Nesian
    Participant

Yeah, I’ve heard out of camp that she didn’t make the standard and was given leeway while doing the yo-yo. Pretty much double standards which is pretty pathetic if that is the case.

TB
    Participant

So I take it, Dunn didn’t cut it in the yo-yo test?

Kat
    Participant

I would say so due to Nesian’s comment.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

If they’re going to be harsh with the yo-yo test then I don’t see why they would give leeway to one player and pretty much ruin the standard. I really hope both Dunn and Nweke (and any other athletes who went to the second testing) were treated equally

NZChampion
    Participant

I always knew Grace Nweke would get there some day. I certainly didn’t think it would be this year or next. All I can say is Noeline knows best and the article says she and Jury passed the test on their 2nd try. If she’s running 16s in a yoyo test at the age of 18, look out world!

TACTIXSUPPORTER
    Participant

Very surprised with Falkner. Mainly because no ANZ court time due to rehabing her knee injury. Other shooters (Dunn Bird and Hume) must be under fitness targets

al_ex
    Participant

So Nweke made the fitness standard and Dunn didn’t? Based off a Yo-Yo test? I’m not sure if I believe that.

TB
    Participant

Interesting that Falkner can hit fitness targets, even though she was out of the game for a whole season due to injury. And Dunn, Bird and Hume couldn’t hit those targets 🤷‍♂️

Actually we don’t know if Bird and Hume didn’t hit their targets – I think even if they did, they’d still be in the NZA team. Dunn is the one I’m more interested in, and assuming she didn’t hit the targets? IMO she looked very fit this season.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 363 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2020 Cadbury Series