2020 Cadbury Series

2020 Cadbury Series2020-09-16T14:10:33+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 363 total)
  • Author
    Participant

that’s is what I was thinking Nesian – those sort of things do take time – even back in the old days of the beep test(didn’t realise how short of time was between the two tests), unless there was enough of an improvement to show it would keep improving? (not making excuses just trying to work out why they would say she’d passed the standard when she didn’t) I guess it will show soon enough – you can’t hide a lack of fitness out on court!! especially playing against the guys – where the physical pressure is constant

Skyriss213
      Participant

Agree with the earlier comment that nweke will be another Aiken and Fowler! So I would understand if there was some sought of leeway for her! The style that Dunn plays needs and requires her to be fit because she doesn’t have the height the vertical jump nor the long arm span like grace she has different strengths! I’d be surprised if basset Aiken or Fowler could get that in the yo yo tbh happy to be proven wrong?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Skyriss213.
        x12k34p
        Participant

I have to say I’m completely baffled if it is the case that an exemption has been made for Nweke and not for anyone else (Dunn included) and I find it totally irrelevant that Nweke/Dunn play different styles. That could be said for any players, eg comparing two midcourt players or two defenders and saying they have different styles so therefore one of them is required to meet a higher level on the yo-yo. And if the reasoning is that they see Nweke as a star of the future so they’re making exceptions, well it could be said any of the NZ A + u/21s players are ‘stars of the future’ but I don’t think any of them should be treated differently in regards to targets for fitness testing, whether the reasoning is based on style of play, age or potential.

Waylay
          Participant

I don’t understand the point in naming the Ferns Squad in August just have players from that squad in NZ A and players not named in the Ferns squad originally now in the Ferns team! I assumed that only players who were picked in the original Ferns squad were eligible for the Ferns team.

I also think the U21 players should be playing in the 21’s team. The world youth cup is next year and these games will be so valuable for them! But when several of your starting 7 aren’t actually playing in the 21’s team then what’s the point!

TACTIXSUPPORTER
            Participant

Awful news regarding MSB! Back too fast? Another reason why Falkner shouldn’t be rushed back!

TB
              Participant

I don’t know about double standards, although if what Nesian is saying is true, then it is double standards. However I would still let this slide (IMO).

To me it’ll be like comparing JFR to Nelson. I actually don’t know what their yo-yo tests would be. But by looking at the two athletes (btw I am no expert)I would say Nelson would get a better score.
                However would you chose her over JFR?

minkie
                Participant

I’d be really careful ‘assuming’ Grace was given leeway and double standards on the hearsay of a few ppls who were there and not players. Also mentioning the Mystics trainer being there. Unfair and maybe uncalled for negativity for Grace before the poor kids played. Innuendos can so damaging.

mcleod
                  Participant

Noels can do whatever she feels like. Nweke had a awesome ANZ.
                    Dunn has had plenty of time to sort things, seems she hasn’t
                    If she really wanted to be part of the Silver Ferns, she would do everything possible to make the team.
                    Does Aliyah Dunn want it, IMO it’s no.

Nesian
                    Participant

@minkie. These are some of the same people who have provided me rumours all throughout the contracting phase, all which proved to be true. I don’t know why they would start giving me false information now.

Regardless, it is what it is.

minkie
                      Participant

Nesian why would you pass on such negative news on a player whose having her first chance at being a Silver Fern? That’s just malicious gossip.

Nesian
                        Participant

@minkie, what rubbish. Irrespective of who it is. It’s the double standards that annoy me, that’s all.

Netballcrazy1
                          Participant

I don’t think the information was to say that Nweke doesn’t deserve her position but more that the standards that NT has set out have been described as quite strict so it was a bit questionable that Nweke was available for election while Dunn wasn’t. The information, despite the inclusion of opinions on Nesian’s post, was just highlighting the fact that and exception had been made for Nweke but not Dunn. So I don’t think it was posted to be malicious and based on the accuracy of Nesian’s information in the past, I would guess that it probably isn’t gossip either.

mcleod
                            Participant

I hope Grace shows everyone she deserves to be there. Look what she did at the Mystics this year.
                              He play was fantastic, and she didn’t have the Silver Ferns captain as her GA, instead Grace had 17yr old and a make shift GA.

mcleod
                              Participant

Remember Casey Kopua made the ferns team to England in January 2019.
                                She wasn’t even close to passing the yoyoyoyo.

Nesian
                                Participant

I too think that she deserves a chance. She has proven what she does, she does well, there is no denying that.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 363 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top