2020 SSN GRAND FINAL – VIXENS v FEVER

2020 SSN GRAND FINAL – VIXENS v FEVER2020-12-13T01:07:10+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 200 total)
  • Author

schmeetle
        Participant

I’m very interested to see how the held ball calls are going to be umpired in the grand final.

Two of the best proponents of baulking 1-2-3 times as they shoot… and the calls in the round games have pretty much fallen onto only one of them.

:scratch:

(Where is that NS poster from years past who used to an measure and analyse the held balls after most games??)

Tully
            Participant

Eddy has been named in the 12 for the Grand Final.

Jbss
                Participant

Schmeetle, just because a player baulks the shot doesn’t automatically mean its a held ball just the same as a player looking at a few options before passing isnt. Umpires at this level should be counting to 3 the same way every time a player has ball in hand.

all-rounder
                  Participant

Courtney Bruce – “I’ve played her a lot. We probably know how to get (on) each other’s nerves, but that’s the beauty of netball and that’s why we love playing against each other.”

Reading between the lines it means- I know how to rough her up and smile sweetly after I get caught, Caitlin smiles graciously and just gets on with it which annoys me

schmeetle
                    Participant

JBass; I know that. However there has always been great inconsistency with held ball calls. As demonstrated by the NS member who did quite detailed analysis.

I remember the great IVD being astonished when she was called for held ball after taking a couple of seconds to right herself from a massive split and almost over balance, then line up the shot and then “bleep” held ball.

Thwaites, ATN (and in the past Prats), Romelda when un-tieing herself from her splits all take longer than 3 seconds multiple times during a game.

JR
                      Participant

<<smile sweetly>>

Nothing sweet about that Cheshire Cat smile.

schmeetle
                        Participant

Great news for Eddy!

Jbss
                          Participant

I can understand that too just saying that as long as its consistent the umpires should be counting to 3 rather than counting the balks on the shot as these can happen quite quickly and within 3 seconds. Im very much pro held ball for shooters and believe there are quite a few in the league who get away with it including JF and Steph Wood to add to those you mentioned.

iona
                            Participant

Wow not much love for Fever on the forum. I hope they win tomorrow.
                              One player does not make a team! The Fever team know how to use their weapon. They are a well coached and skilled team.
                              I like Caitlin Thwaites as much as everyone else but I think Fever have the players to take her out of the game.
                              Not long to find out!

Participant

the umpires should be counting to 3

Hopefully they count to four! Most people start counting at ‘1,2,3 …’. To time when a full three seconds has elapsed, you blow the whistle when you get to 4 – so, ‘1,2,3, BLOW!’
                                Of course, if you’re smart enough to start at zero, then you can stop at three :wacko:

enozlas
                                Participant

Does anyone know what the backup plan is for when channel 9 cut to the press conference in Victoria? It’s scheduled for 1pm today so I’m concerned cause previously I’ve missed a lot of games because of that ☹️

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by enozlas.
                                Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 200 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top