2020 SSN MINOR SEMI FINAL – FEVER v SWIFTS

2020 SSN MINOR SEMI FINAL – FEVER v SWIFTS2020-10-06T18:11:40+10:00

Forums Australia 2020 SSN MINOR SEMI FINAL – FEVER v SWIFTS

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Didn’t see Aryang’s speech on 9 unfortunately. Please please please SSN change the rule so there’s only 1 TO per team per half to allow more time at the end for post game wrap and hearing the MVP’s speech.

Why didn’t Akle put on Moore?

JR
    Participant

Oh, I meant to say how much I loved the segments before and during the game about the efforts members of coaching teams had made to make this season happen. Huge accomplishment.

Ian Harkin

They showed her speech, JR. :unsure:

Ian Harkin
    Joyjamie
    Participant

What did she say? Based in the uk so cannot read this. Hopefully this will spur the team in next year to win . What happened to Nat Haythornwaite today?

JR
    Participant

Oh, I watched the game on 9, albeit I recorded it and so I was watching it on delay. The recording cut out at 125 minutes with little post game wrap up and definitely none of the interviews… I can watch them on the app when the game turns up. No biggie….

I just need to spend the next week hoping Lightning were faking it this weekend and do beat Fever next weekend. If they don’t Vixens need to put Weston in as GK against Fowler. It helped Vixens draw with Fever in the Round 10 encounter. Far out, Fever beat Lightning by 20 when they met each other in Round 11.

Montyandpoppy
    Participant

She said there were at least three umpiring decisions that cost them the game. But then gave other more team-centred reasons too

K2
    Participant

Swifts cost Swifts the game. You can only say that “three calls” lost you the game if your team made no errors and got no favourable calls all game.

Bluebird
    Participant

JoyJamie you should be able to read the article, I’m in UK too and Sydney Morning Herald isn’t blocked. Basically Akle was going on about replays but seems to be ignoring her own team was just a bad, and then there was the pushing of Francis into the circle. Personally I find the calling a Timeout when the other team gets momentum is a form of cheating so I have zero sympathy. Really comes across as sour grapes.

I think the difference was that fever haven’t rotated players so much so we’re in a better position to grind out the win. They just kept chipping away and the Fever coach made the right tactical player changes at the right time. Swifts had rotated so much I still don’t know what their strongest 7 really is.

Joyjamie
    Participant

Agree with what you are saying about team selection. Suddenly for Nat not to play today could be down to fitness or form because I think she rated her. They should have won this but this has been the Swifts all season, don’t think playing condensed season suited them

Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

West Coast Fever battle past reigning Super Netball champions NSW Swifts in tense minor semi-final

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-04/super-netball-minor-semi-final-west-coast-fever-beat-nsw-swifts/12730716

al_ex
    Participant

The Swifts don’t really need personnel change, they just need to work hard in the off season on building a sixty minute performance and finding the clinical netball they played last year. If they played more of the netball we saw in the first half they probably would have made the grand final again. It will be interesting to see what next season has in store for them.

Aryang is amazing. She should absolutely be a Diamonds invitee. I was also impressed with Klau today and think she should be in the Diamonds 12. There’s no reason they can’t pick her and Mannix when Bruce is such a strong GD.

Jinxibo
    Participant

OMG, Aryang sounds like she comes from England, London in fact. Someone check her passport. We need to sign her up!

JR
    Participant

Thanks for putting up the Aryang’s interview Ian. What a joy to watch.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2020 SSN MINOR SEMI FINAL – FEVER v SWIFTS