2020 SSN ROUND 11 – LIGHTNING v FEVER

2020 SSN ROUND 11 – LIGHTNING v FEVER2020-09-08T11:16:12+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 88 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I didn’t even know Cosh could play WA but she’s really excelled there. I would like to see her and ATN swap for a bit just to try a new combination, but she’s really played herself into a contract for next year I think. She learnt from the Vixens match where she faded quite a lot in the second half.

Lightning remind me of the Swifts. Everyone is kind of playing at 80% and it’s just not enough. Maweni, Langman and Pretorius have tried to get everything going but it’s just not there right now.

Jbss
      Participant

Umpires have been funny about held balls this year, if its Thwaites or Langman(two players who I love btw and don’t mind getting away with it most of the time)they get 5 seconds and if it’s ATN all the defence have to do is have them both jump over the shot one at a time and even if it only took them 2 seconds she gets called for it.

3/4 time: Fever 51-41

Koenen 22/25 (88%) 0/1 (0%)
          wood 8/10 (80%) 3/4 (75%)

Fowler 45/46 (98%)
          Teague-Neeld 2/3 (67%) 2/4 (50%)

Fever in control now. They have Lightning’s measure it seems. Take out the last 3 1/2 minutes of the first Q and the score is 50-32 to Fever.

Participant

This Lightning team needs some personnel renovations

The end of the world is nigh. Langman on the bench!

Netballcrazy1
              Participant

Agree Jbss, some debatable held ball calls.

Some big changes here for Lightning, McAuliffe on at C and Lee-Jones at GK

Netballcrazy1
                Participant

Lee-Jones with a great intercept and puts the pressure on to cause another turnover as well I think. Lightning make a comeback maybe?

JR
                  Participant

Great intercept, and even better smile, by Lee-Jones.

Netballcrazy1
                    Participant

Lee Jones nearly another intercept but she fumbles it unfortunately and wasn’t fast enough to chase it.

Netballcrazy1
                      Participant

Lee-Jones is the only defender I have seen that physically could challenge Fowler heavily, she could be the key for Lightning when they come up against Fowler in the future

Netballcrazy1
                        Participant

I have also noticed that a few players run as they pass the ball and either step to get very close to stepping and I think umpires are starting to miss these

Jbss
                          Participant

Yes shes got the strength not to get pushed around, they have very similar body types.

Tully
                            Participant

Commentators loving Lee-Jones as she gets one intercept. Not sure the game plan is the right one to beat Fowler though. Vixens got back into the match last week by going to a mobile shorter combination and confusing space and the feeders lost confidence. Against Lee Jones Fowler will just hold tall.

Scott
                              Participant

ATN showing confidence in her shooting this quarter.

Tully
                                Participant

Cosh has been good but if Fever want to win the Comp they need another WA option. A plan B. Vixens worked her out last week. Yes they switched WD three times but by the end Cosh was beaten. Today they have had no such issues and Cosh has been great. But if she is such down what will they turn to? With such a big lead now would be a good time to try a different combination for depth.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 88 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top