2020 SSN ROUND 12 – FEVER v SWIFTS

2020 SSN ROUND 12 – FEVER v SWIFTS2020-09-12T09:38:09+10:00

Forums Australia 2020 SSN ROUND 12 – FEVER v SWIFTS

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 71 total)
  • Author

1/4 time: Fever 23-15

Fowler 20/20 (100%)
    Teague-Neeld 1/1 (100%) 1/1 (100%)

Wallace 1/1 (100%) 3/5 (60%)
    Haythornthwaite 1/2 (50%)

Even start but it wasn’t log before Fever really started to dominate. Wallace brought Swifts back into it somewhat with 3 super shots.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Turner on at GD and Klau at GK for the 2nd quarter

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Garbin on at GA

Tully
    Participant

Fever are clearly the form team of the Comp but they have had the benefit of Swifts without Housby and Vixens without Mannix.

Swifts clearly missing Housby but their defence is a Mess. 23 goals in one quarter to Fever! Fowler already has 27 goals!

Why didn’t Wallace start?

Fraser doing well at C. I’d try Hadley at WD and leave Fraser. Ohhh Moore is on at WD now. Vixens tried 3 WDs against Cosh and finally beat her with speed. Not sure Moore has speed.

Garbin definitely having second year blues. In terms of court play I probably would have left Haythornthwaite. Garbin looks slow and obvious in what she is doing.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Fever at 30 points (I say points because of the 2 point shot) after 7 minutes of the 2nd quarter, I feel as though this will be a very high scoring game for them

al_ex
    Participant

Finally we see Moore/Turner/Klau. I think this might be their strongest line.

Fraser has been very solid as normal. Surely she will get a contract next year over Haythornthwaite. 5 turnovers and -30 Nissan net points in 20 minutes…

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

I would like to see a Wallace/Haythornthwaite circle if Garbin needs a rest

Tully
    Participant

Gosh Swifts make a lot of changes. Hadley on at C and Fraser off now.

Waylay
    Participant

Fowler is just unstoppable.

I think the Supershot is the way to beat the Fever, if you can stay in touch for the first 10 and then nail some two’s you can get on top of them – but we haven’t seen many teams be able to do that.

Waylay
    Participant

Too many changes for Swifts, I’ve been saying it for weeks. Poor coaching.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Garbin’s shots just aren’t falling as much as she and the Swifts would like.

al_ex
    Participant

Swifts doing better with the three circle defenders on. I don’t think their arrangement matters that much but going forward they need more time together.

Wallace and Proud doing everything they can to keep the Swifts in this. The scoreline of this match without the super shot would be very ugly.

I don’t know what happened to Garbin’s accuracy, she’s got the yips all of a sudden. She looks fitter and stronger than she was last year but she can’t sink even the sitters.

fayth
    Participant

Did anyone else hear one of the swifts players counting to 3 when Fowler was shooting and it didn’t get called for held ball? She does seem to get a long three seconds.

Tully
    Participant

I’d take Garbin off. Sure her shot is off but her court play is quite woeful. Shame for her as clearly there are openings in the Diamonds squad but she won’t be there.

Much better defensive work by the Swifts. Now leave that Akle.

Ian Harkin

1/2 time: Fever 39-31

Fowler 36/37 (97%)
    Teague-Neeld 1/2 (50%) 1/2 (50%)

Wallace 12/12 (100%) 5/8 (63%)
    Garbin 8/12 (67%) 0/1 (0%)

That Q was much better from Swifts. They’ve got it back to goal for goal. Wallace’s super shots proving invaluable at this stage.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2020 SSN ROUND 12 – FEVER v SWIFTS