2020 SSN ROUND 12 – LIGHTNING v FIREBIRDS

2020 SSN ROUND 12 – LIGHTNING v FIREBIRDS2020-09-13T09:50:22+10:00
Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Swifts should try and bring Ellis back to Sydney. I’m not sure where she’d really fit in but I think it’s a good longer-term investment, especially if Swifts keep utilising Moore at WD! Maybe they can try and give her a cashed up training partner package like Giants may be doing.

Really don’t like to harp on about this, but…

In just 23 minutes, Dunkley had 9 assists and no turnovers. In 37 minutes, her two replacements managed just 7 assists and 4 turnovers.

Jbss
        Participant

I agree al_ex its a good idea to get some more nsw juniors in the program. I’d hate to see Ellis become Gabi Simpson-esque and give Swifts headaches for years after coming through the NSW pathways.

Really good insights from the stats Ian, I think they very much back up what everyone is saying.

Lightning 75-Firebirds 67

Koenen 41/41 (100%)
            Wood 19/24 (79%)

Aiken 47/52 (90%)
            Dwan 11/21 (52%)
            Stower 3/3 (100%)

Super shots: Wood 5/6, Dwan 5/12
            Assists: Langman 27
            Gains: Pretorius 6

MVP: Pretorius

Traditional slow start from Lightning, but strong finish!

Jbss
            Participant

I think this game proves that you can never rule Lightning out. Yes firebirds faded away and made questionable decisions whilst employing tactics that were less effective than the first half. All that aside Lightning attack just clicked into gear. Any team that can get on top of Wood and cut her and Langman off will have a chance with Lightning but if not then they look unstoppable.

I’m thinking one of the Firebirds middies needs to move next year. Someone mentioned Mimi to Lightning, she’d certainly fit in well with their style and provide some cover for if Scherian or Langman retire. It just depends how settled she is and whether or not she wants move. I’m pretty sure she’s engaged so might be looking at buying a home etc.

al_ex
              Participant

I think Mi Mi is actually stronger at C with her defensive pressure so she would fit in really well at Lightning. I get the feeling that Langman may not be back and that’s why they’ve been using McAuliffe at C a bit more. Obviously Langman can’t be replaced but Mi Mi would be a good player to play through that midcourt. It would obviously be great for her Diamonds prospects to play with Wood and Koenen.

Tully
                Participant

Mi Mi bought a house a few years ago, they live Bayside way. She could commute. I just feel she might be the one to miss out if they go back to 10.

If Rudi Ellis wanted to be a TP she would have stayed with Vixens. Her boyfriend plays for the Western Bulldogs and her family is in Albury which is a Shorter drive from Melbourne. Collingwood might look at her for succession in the post Mentor era. They did pick up Brooke Allan as a TP though from Vixens though so that might be their plan. It was Melbourne that Ellis went to in the covid shut down.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Tully.
                  nanator
                  Participant

Steph Wood has finally come alive this season. I was worried she’s lost the passion; but she was very driven today!

I hoped she had improved this season, but in the past I’ve really thought of Mi Mi as a turnover going somewhere to happen. She’s got lots of flair, but just too many mistakes.

Sunshine Coast Lightning second on Super Netball ladder after beating Queensland Firebirds

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-13/super-netball-sunshine-coast-lightning-beats-queensland/12659820

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        Go to Top