2020 SSN ROUND 13 – FEVER v GIANTS

2020 SSN ROUND 13 – FEVER v GIANTS2020-09-19T02:00:51+10:00

Forums Australia 2020 SSN ROUND 13 – FEVER v GIANTS

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I think the Austen and Harten is generally the right choice but when Austen starts missing shots then put her to WA and bring on Bassett.

mcleod
    Participant

I’d be worried if Austin is the next big thing in the Diamonds
    She goes MIA far to often.

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Yes, I think Austin faded when it counted, I would have brought Bassett on when they realised the two-point shots were going to be critical. Then they would have had a greater chance of getting the rebounds from those missed shots

Ian HarkinIan Harkin

Fever 71-Giants 66

Fowler 63/66 (96%)
    Stanton 5/10 (50%)
    Teague-Neeld 0/1 (0%)

Harten 29/38 (76%)
    Austin 28/43 (65%)

Super shots: Harten 5/10, Austin 4/8, Stanton 2/6, Fowler 1/1
    Assists: Charles 24
    Gains: Bruce 10

MVP: Charles

Giants now out the running

Ian HarkinIan Harkin

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

How many games have Giants managed to win without Bassett playing vs games she is on court?

Tully
    Participant

Okay after today’s game the question of why is Bassett not getting on court must be asked. Surely there is more to it.

In some games prior I haven’t had an issue. I remember the Vixens game and Austin and Harten were great despite the loss. But today the attack was messy (in particular once Hay went off) and the shooting inaccurate. They chose to play a WD / C in Parmenter at WA than bring Bassett on and love Austin to WA (yes I realise Parmenter has been training there but she has a long way to go in that position). So why?

Muffie
    Participant

I asked the same question myself. Today Austen need to go to WA and Bassett on. I’m not a Bassett fan but two times in the second part of the season she should have came on. Maybe she will opt out of her contract and go elsewhere. Parementer at WA didn’t work today. O’Brien was good, considering not having many games

Tully
    Participant

O’Brien was good. Hopefully she gets another opportunity in the last round of Hay is out injured.

al_ex
    Participant

Medhurst is great and I know she’s won a lot of fans with her brutal honesty, but some of her comments come off as sour grapes for me. If there is any GA in Australia criticising hype for Fowler’s 3rd feeder, it’s not her when she shot about 10 goals a game for most of their partnership.

It’s so sad to see this whole Bassett situation transpire. The only thing that we can hope for is that she makes a move. There are so many shooters who are being under-utilised by their clubs who could really benefit from moving to a new club. Bassett, Glasgow, Hodges come to mind, even Allen and Stanton. I’d love to see Bassett and/or Glasgow at Collingwood.

I’d like to see McDonell get a contract over Manu’a next year. I doubt it will happen but I just don’t think Manu’a is the GD/GK that the Giants need.

Zara
    Participant

I agree re Manu’a, I don’t really think she is the answer in the defensive line, perhaps swapping Brandley back to Pies if that is her plan? for Tilly Garrett to work with McDonnell and Poolman would be better for them in Defense. With Price and Parmenter as strong WD options they would have plenty of club experience to help settle.

TB
    Participant

There must be more to the story re CBass. I mean even Susan Pettit has publicly questioned it on social media.
    Maybe she’s refusing to play?🤷‍♂️

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2020 SSN ROUND 13 – FEVER v GIANTS