2020 SSN ROUND 13 – VIXENS v FIREBIRDS

2020 SSN ROUND 13 – VIXENS v FIREBIRDS2020-09-19T02:05:04+10:00

Forums Australia 2020 SSN ROUND 13 – VIXENS v FIREBIRDS

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Jo Weston’s erratic passing really increases in tight matches. Obviously it’s improved from some of her Diamonds performances where she was throwing away 5+ balls a game but it’s still creeping in way too often for a defensive player.

JR
    Participant

<<but no team has built their entire strategy around a player as much as Vixens have done with Watson>>

Fever and Fowler?

Muffie
    Participant

They miss Watson sooo much. The Vixens Wing Attacks aren’t going it for me.

al_ex
    Participant

Jovic at Deloitte as well! I have no idea how these netballers balance their sport and working at Big 4 corporate firms. That Weston did it whilst playing for the Vixens and Diamonds for a period was astonishing.

@JR
    I meant building strategy around a midcourter. I think most teams with tall holding shooters really on them too heavily.

JoDe
    Participant

Momentum keeps changing….

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

NO options on the Vixens centre pass, not good

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Two held balls for Dwan on two super shot attempts that both sank beautifully

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Visnes top 2 for many of the SSN seasons we have had yet they falter near and in finals… is this year going to be any different?

Tully
    Participant

Yes Vixens are struggling in WA but Moloney needs to do a lot more. McDonald is playing her third SSN game after one season of ANL – with that in mind she is doing g a great job. Philip was doing so much through court so of course they struggled when she wasn’t there. Kumwenda has been costly so not sure why they didn’t stay with Thwaites – Philip.

The commentators keep talking about the high number of turnovers being uncharacteristic for Vixens. But fail to mention that no Watson is probably why.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Tully.
    Ian Harkin

3/4 time: Firebirds 48-44

Kumwenda 16/16 (100%) 1/2 (50%)
    Thwaites 9/9 (100%) 4/4 (100%)

Aiken 32/37 (86%)
    Dwan 10/14 (71%) 3/5 (60%)

Vixens seemed to be gaining control early in the Q, then Firebirds took it back. Again, NNP suggests Firebirds should be winning this easily?

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Firebirds should win from here, lots of loose balls from Vixens

Tully
    Participant

Allie Smith in at WD. Interesting. Weston was covering Dunkley and that was probably Dunkley’s worst quarter.

Still no Philip and Vixens throw it away to start.

Smith throws a poor pass which is intercepted.

Firebirds have this.

I know Weston throws ball away but gosh they are terrible in attack without her. No options. No drive.

If Watson isn’t there Philip needs to be on court. Didn’t Vixens learn this last week.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Tully.
    Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Firebirds with 8 of the last 10 goals

JoDe
    Participant

Vixens form is a concern going into finals….

Ian Harkin

Firebirds by 10 now!

Seriously, Hinchliffe and Jenner have been so impressive. If Firebirds win, a lot of it is down to their efforts.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 104 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2020 SSN ROUND 13 – VIXENS v FIREBIRDS