2020 SSN ROUND 13 – VIXENS v FIREBIRDS

2020 SSN ROUND 13 – VIXENS v FIREBIRDS2020-09-19T02:05:04+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Philip should have been brought on at WA. I’d consider giving Mannix a run at GD and bring Eddy forward, Weston and Smith have been so expensive.

I don’t know why Firebirds took that timeout when they had all the momentum… it may very well cost them.

Netballcrazy1
      Participant

For people saying Moloney should be starting C or in the Diamonds 12 at all, I don’t think so… not when you have JLP and the youngsters like Cassidy and Nankivell, and players like Watson who can shift to C

JoDe
        Participant

Thwaites showing great maturity under enormous pressure.

Tully
          Participant

Yes Liz Vixens came back from 14 down against Fever. That was with Watson.

Eddy has had a good game. Vixens best alongside Thwaites.

Absolutely no movement in Vixens attack. Move Moloney. Move. Under pressure runs to circle edge and just stands there. Always.

Ridiculous decision to take Philip off. A Philip – Thwaites circle was clearly the best. Philip’s speed and movement and Thwaites is so easy to feed from anywhere.

Credit to Firebirds. Simpson will probably be MVP. But I really liked Cassidy.

Netballcrazy1
            Participant

Can’t wait to (hopefully) see a Jenner and Hinchliffe circle for the Diamonds in a few year. Can’t imagine how good they’ll be by then

Muffie
              Participant

One player can change the flow of a game. That player is Liz Watson. They haven’t had to use any other player till now and it shows

Jbss
                Participant

I love what Kate Eddy put out there at GD, woukd have been an entirely different game without Watson. I disagreed with those that said Moloney played poorly last week. I thought she played well but didn’t necessarily think she was MVP but I absolutely agree this week. I felt she put her WAs under pressure didnt give the easy options etc

al_ex
                  Participant

Cassidy has come so far, she’s far more decisive in attack than she used to be. Wouldn’t mind seeing her in the wider Diamonds squad, but there’s a lot of competition. I’d probably have Moloney as 5th or 6th in line to the Diamonds C bib but I expect she’ll be there or at least on the bench…

Jenner and Hinchliffe were great, Hinchliffe in particular has come very far this year. Next year Firebirds will challenge for the title.

I think Vixens should have kept Dunkley over Honey. Honey just doesn’t have that determination and confidence to the ball yet and her feeding is not as accurate. Obviously easy to say in hindsight but Dunkley has really been a revelation for the Firebirds.

Jbss
                    Participant

I also wonder whether Mannix was being rested with a long term mindset of giving Dehaney some exposure for finals as I didnt think she was doing much wrong.

Muffie
                      Participant

I liked Dunkley in the pre season, when she was with the Vixens, but she didn’t get on the court.

Jbss
                        Participant

Lots of commentary on twitter around Mimi not coming on during indigenous round. I’ve gotta say they had a perfect opportunity in the last minute when Dunkley cramped. Others have said though they think its almost worse to only play the last minute so Im in two minds about it. Given they were out of finals contention I think Mimi should have started tbh, its important for young indigenous players to see others getting exposure and the round is meant to be a celebration of Australia’s first nation peoples. The time to play Dunkley was last week when she was benched while playing really well against Lightning.

Tully
                          Participant

Would have been great to have seen Mi Mi on court.

Also whilst it would have been good for Vixens to still have Dunkley it has worked out better for Dunkley. At FBs she starts whereas she would be on the bench at Vixens. Will be interesting to see who Vixens sign in the midcourt behind Watson and Moloney next year. Lots of hype on Hannah Mundy but not sure she is ready yet. It was actually Jordan Cransberg not Mundy that got added as a TP from the Vixens academy.

al_ex
                            Participant

Do you not think they’ll persevere with Honey or McDonald? If squads go back to ten it will be very interesting which of those two would be in with a better shot.

Jbss
                              Participant

I think Honey has the edge, they have rated her for awhile now and still gave her a contract coming back from an injury even though Dunkley had done a really good job for them.

Tully
                                Participant

I have no idea. When you consider how little exposure to a high performance environment McDonald has had her performances over the last two weeks have been phenomenal. Yes, she tired badly today but she was playing against Simpson. A Diamond, SSN captain and premiership winner. McDonald can also play all 3 midcourt positions so I would take her over Honey. I have found Honey a little disappointing. I know she is coming back from a major injury and is definitely the better athlete of the two but she just holds back out on court. Pulls off her drives and moves. Doesn’t command the ball. So many times today the ball should have been released to her but it wasn’t. So why aren’t her team mates giving her the ball? Of course, this isn’t necessarily Honey’s fault. McDonald has better touch on the feed. Maybe a year as a TP for Honey would be beneficial, doesn’t look confident on court.

I would have liked to have seen Sacha McDonald come on at WA at the end. Why not give her a go to see what she has to offer (even if WA would be her 2nd position behind GA).

There is a lot of hype about Mundy in Vixens circles. A bit like Allie Smith so I think we will see her at some point.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 104 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top