2020 SSN ROUND 14 – LIGHTNING v VIXENS

2020 SSN ROUND 14 – LIGHTNING v VIXENS2020-09-26T13:24:26+10:00

Forums Australia 2020 SSN ROUND 14 – LIGHTNING v VIXENS

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author

Really think there’s only one team that can beat Vixens and that’s the Fever. And they may not have to play them.

al_ex
    Participant

The Vixens are reminding me of the Diamonds at the Commonwealth Games in 2018. Dominating the tournament just to play subpar against an inspired team in the Final. It will be interesting to see how they handle the pressure.

JR
    Participant

I think the Vixens’ loss in Round 13 was the shake up they needed. They stood firm against Lightning yesterday.

Just have to hope that Watson’s ankle will be OK by Saturday, that they win and she has 2 more weeks to get it right. But McDonald was good yesterday so that was a relief to see Vixens can, to a degree, fill the void left when Watson’s not on court.

Tully
    Participant

The Vixens will take a lot out of this game. Last year against Lightning in Melbourne they had a big lead and were overrun. This year they had that lead, Lightning cake back and Vixens steadied and pushed the lead out. They did that with Smith, McDonald and Dehaney on court with Watson, Mannix and Eddy watching. The final margin was only so slow because of the super shot.

Surely McDonald has pushed ahead of Honey and will get the contract next year. A year as TP and full ANL season will help Honey.

al_ex
    Participant

I agree Tully, I thought McDonald was even more dominant yesterday. With a full pre-season behind her and further strength and conditioning training she’ll be in a great position when next season begins.

Tully
    Participant

I just love the story of McDonald. One for absolute perseverance. Never made a
    Single state team as a junior. Worked her way up through VNL u 19, div 1 then championship. Won a VNL title with Blaze a couple years back. Got heavily involved in mixed netball and played for the Australian mixed team. Is a Melbourne girl but went and played country netball (footy netball comp) and won that with Seymour last year. In one article McDonald said she just loves netball and would take any opportunity to play anywhere and to try and become a better player. Plays all 3 midcourt positions well. Very valuable player to have.

JR
    Participant

Thanks for your post Tully.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2020 SSN ROUND 14 – LIGHTNING v VIXENS