2020 SSN ROUND 4 – VIXENS v THUNDERBIRDS

2020 SSN ROUND 4 – VIXENS v THUNDERBIRDS2020-08-23T11:10:25+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Thunderbirds just struggling to get the ball into the circle, both teams messy but Vixens looking better at the moment

NZChampion
      Participant

Welcome back Glasgow and Guscoth! ?

Netballcrazy1
        Participant

Potgieter’s inability to shoot from beyond right under the post is being exposed by Weston and Mannix.

Netballcrazy1
          Participant

Somehow the Thunderbirds are hanging, and a great super shot from Glasgow didn’t hurt but I can only imagine what the scoreline would be if you took out all the silly turnovers the Thunderbirds have made. This could be a very close match.

JR
            Participant

Time out with a little under 2 minutes to go till half time. Glasgow does a swisher for 2 points. Why isn’t she starting?

21 – 20 Vixens…..

Tbirds are really sticking at this. What a gutsy effort. They’ve succeeded in making what is normally a very slick Vixens team look anything but!

Vixens 21-20

Netballcrazy1
                Participant

Nankivell on at WA for the last minute, Thunderbirds come out of the timeout with a turnover but are lucky to win it back

Netballcrazy1
                  Participant

Half Time: Vixens 23-22

JR
                    Participant

12 all that quarter.

TACTIXSUPPORTER
                      Participant

Very messy game.

al_ex
                        Participant

I really like Horjus but I just think she’s too short. It’s not so obvious when she’s given space to shoot super shots or when she finds Potgieter but she looks shaky on the shot whenever defenders can get their arms over.

The T’Birds have done a great job with their defensive super shot tactics. Both Sterling and Shimmin doing a great job controlling the space and putting pressure on the shot.

1/2 time: Vixens 23-22

Well, the Vixens didn’t really put the foot down in that Q as expected, because the Tbirds simply didn’t allow them. They’ve scrapped and hassled and put Vixens off their game. You would expect Vixens to improve a LOT in the 2nd half but who knows???

Netballcrazy1
                            Participant

Very true, she really is short and that is hard at this level for a shooter but I would really like her to prove all the doubters wrong, I don’t want this game becoming exclusive to tall people over time, which is the direction I feel as though we’re heading in for the future. I also think she could switch over really nicely to WA

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Netballcrazy1.
                              Netballcrazy1
                              Participant

So Glasgow who was playing great at GA is off for Horjus

Netballcrazy1
                                Participant

Eddy with a bit of dirty play, pushed Potgieter off balance and she falls but then Mannix trips over straight after trying to get the ball

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 79 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top