2020 SSN ROUND 6 – SWIFTS v MAGPIES

2020 SSN ROUND 6 – SWIFTS v MAGPIES2020-08-22T11:15:39+10:00

Forums Australia 2020 SSN ROUND 6 – SWIFTS v MAGPIES

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author

1/2 time: 29-29

Wallace 18/18 (100%) 1/1 (100%)
      Housby 1/1 (100%) 3/7 (43%)

Nelson 21/23 (91%)
      Sinclair 4/4 (100%) 2/3 (67%)

Topsy-turvy second quarter. Magpies dominated the first part and got out to a lead of 28-20, before Swifts came home strong scoring 9 of the last 10.

Scott
      Participant

Nissan Net Points
        Collingwood 188.5
        NSW Swifts 86

Scores are level

Are Nissan Net Points the biggest load of rubbish?

Ian Harkin

Nelson has had a rough day handling wise. Ryde on now. Tayla Fraser has come on well for Swifts. Swifts up 44-42

Ian Harkin

3/4 time: 44-44

Wallace 30/30 (100%) 1/1 (100%)
            Housby 3/3 (100%) 3/8 (38%)

Ryde 6/6 (100%)
            Allen 0/0 (0%) 0/2 (0%)

You get the feeling that Swifts will start to assert their authority on this game. But they haven’t yet. Still anyone’s game, but surely the champs will lift?

Ian Harkin

Swifts 2 up and doing enough to keep their noses in front. Currently Garbin at GA but playing like a GS and Housby at GS, playing like a GA.

Ian Harkin

Looks like it’s going to come down to a super shot showdown between Housby and Sinclair!

Ian Harkin

2 minutes to go. Magpies timeout. Swifts up 59-56. Magpies next possession. They’ve been notoriously poor at managing their power plays. Surely here they just have to go for 2 pointers.

Scott
                  Participant

Magpies so close again.

Ian Harkin

I really hate that playing the ball around at the end. But anyway, Swifts do just enough to take the game 60-58. Don’t think it was one of their better efforts, but they’ll take it. More frustration for Magpies… so near but yet so far.

Ian Harkin

Swifts 60-Magpies 58

Wallace 31/31 (100%)
                        Housby 16/21 (76%)
                        Garbin 8/12 (67%)

Nelson 26/30 (87%)
                        Sinclair 14/17 (82%)
                        Ryde 13/14 (92%)
                        Allen 0/2 (0%)

Super shots: Sinclair 5/7, Housby 4/9, Wallace 1/1, Allen 0/2
                        Assists: Sinclair 15
                        Gains: Ward 7

MVP: Klau

al_ex
                        Participant

It feels like the Swifts have been falling over the line a lot, they can’t seem to push out the leads. A lot of hesitation from shooters and attacking midcourters and a lot of inconsistent performers. It’s difficult to know which line to run with!

I was so impressed with Housby at GS, her movement was excellent and it really opened things up. Garbin plays with more movement at GA than GS and when she did get on the hold she was managed to find Ward instead of Mentor.

Tayla Fraser continues to impress. So much faster on the feed and she defends well in C. Surely she will get a contract next year, if not she should move.

Magpies missed Jovic. Browne/Browne are really good on attack but I just don’t think Madi is as strong on transition into and out of defence. Less defensive pressure overall.

Bluebird
                          Participant

Anyone else still asking themselves why Magpies dumped Thwaites for Nelson?

al_ex
                            Participant

Nelson is a really good prospect for her age but I don’t know why it was a one or the other idea. It can’t have been salary cap related as Nelson was pretty much a rookie. Wright has always been a bit weird with his recruitment decisions though, I mean he didn’t give Green a new contract for the Swifts when SSN began and didn’t seem to fight too hard to keep Pettitt either. I actually think it would have been good for Nelson to spend a year behind Thwaites and maybe work a bit on her GA game as well.

Zara Collings
                              Participant

I agree al_ex, Nelson should have had a few more years behind experienced goalers to build herself into it a little more. I just do not think she is a 60 minute starting 7 player at the moment.

I love watching Fraser, she has been so impressive since coming on last year and has really stepped up again this year. I just do not know who you would replace to give her a contract. When the swifts midcourt fire they really do fire. If anything I think Maddy Proud is still working her way back in to things and Hadley and Haythornthwaite do seem to be the best C/WA combo at the moment.

al_ex
                                Participant

Yeah it’s a difficult one. Depending on how she develops across the year I think it might be worth giving her a contract over Haythornthwaite. Absolutely no disrespect to Nat I think she’s really improved in leaps and bounds and is probably the most solid WA for them right now, but I don’t think the Swifts can afford to lose Fraser going forward. She is one of the best NSW talents and we already lost Simpson, Ravaillion, Brazill, Hay, O’Brien, Dwyer, Letherbarrow, Parmenter :unsure:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2020 SSN ROUND 6 – SWIFTS v MAGPIES

Go to Top