2020 SSN ROUND 9 – GIANTS v VIXENS

2020 SSN ROUND 9 – GIANTS v VIXENS2020-09-01T08:43:25+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 72 total)
  • Author

Kumwenda’s a star. She’s so improved from the Kumwenda we saw at the start of the season. All those 4 weeks ago!

NettySuperFan
      Participant

Giants have got no chance on winning this atm. Unless Parmenter comes on court, I can’t see them actually winning this game, Vixens are looking very very good!! I would love to see the McDonnell/Brandley circle, Manu’a really doesn’t do a whole lot, except give away penalties.

Rough call against Austin there!

Tully
          Participant

Austin is not used to not getting the call go her way. Doesn’t like it so takes Weston’s legs out in a lazy defensive challenge.

Was interesting Kumwenda got a penalty in the 2 point zone. Let Philip take it who passes off.

Liz Watson “I hate the super shot right now!”

al_ex
            Participant

Mannix is doing a really poor job on Harten, she’s getting the ball so easily and there’s so little pressure on the shot. Dehaney needs to come on at least during the super shot, her lean is more effective.

Thwaites needs to come back on for Philip. So many turnovers and poor passes and her shot is still quite off. She’s always struggled with pressure moments but she’s been quite average this whole season really. Puts so much more pressure on Watson and Kumwenda.

mcleod
              Participant

In proper Netball it would be 37-26

NettySuperFan
                Participant

I love Jo Harten, but I’m so glad we get to see the Bassett/Austin combo!! Also love the changes for Giants in defence, could make a comeback with this lineup

Tully
                  Participant

Thwaites still off. Eddy and Weston sept he’d. Hay had it all over Eddy but Weston was outplaying Austin. This might bring Austin into it.

Harten off for Bassett.

Tully
                    Participant

al_ex completely agree. But Mannix and Philip still on.

Tully
                      Participant

Bassett missed a shot under the post.
                        Philip gives them the ball back. Bring Theaites back.
                        The change to Bassett has helped mannix.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Tully.

1/2 time: Vixens 39-34

I’m afraid the super shot is turning this game into a bit of a circus. yes, Jo Harten is good at them, but it’s just not a true reflection of the game

Giants struggling big time at the start of this third Q. Bassett is having an absolute horror start up against Mannix.

Vixens 44-36

Tully
                          Participant

Another Philip turnover grrrr when will we see Thwaites?!?

Tully
                            Participant

Vixens need to be careful here. They should have been up by 12 but didn’t convert due to basic errors.
                              Now an Austin super shot and back to 5.
                              Weston has been their ball winner but she has been moved to WD.
                              Price is pantsing Moloney and winning Giants good ball.
                              Harten on for the last 5.

al_ex
                              Participant

I’m starting to be really worried about the Diamonds’ shooting end. The three incumbents who are still eligible for selection are all in very average form. Bassett makes another underwhelming entrance and Mannix has started dominating. Philip keeps making turnovers. Wood has seemingly gone missing. Koenen and Austin have been good but good enough to start for the Diamonds? I don’t think so.

Tully
                                Participant

Kumwenda off and Philip is back on. Okay al_ex I agree with your comments from a few games back that McKinnis shows favouritism for Philip.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 72 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top