2020 SUNCORP SUPER NETBALL

2020 SUNCORP SUPER NETBALL2019-11-12T22:04:49+10:00

Forums Australia 2020 SUNCORP SUPER NETBALL

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 109 total)
  • Author

NettySuperFan
    Participant

Not gonna lie, I’m kinda disappointed that we won’t be getting the annual Thunderbirds v Fever match to start the season. As someone who barracks for the Tbirds, the fact that they are 2/3 in Round 1 matches against Fever means I wouldve been most hopeful for them in that round. Grand Final rematch is okay, good for promotion and advertising I think. Firebirds v Vixens will be good seeing Firebirds have 3 former Vixens playing for them.

TrentA
    Participant

So, starts 2 months after ANZP and will likely conflict with Olympics in July/August.
    And why just announce the first week? And then two days later release the rest?

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by TrentA.
    Ian HarkinIan Harkin

Ian HarkinIan Harkin

Ian HarkinIan Harkin
    Pardalote
    Participant

I note that NA’s media release about supporting the bushfire relief funds mentions the Team Girls Cup, but I cannot find mention of it on either the SSN or NA websites. Is there any indication of when, as well as where? Last year it was the weekend of 8th March, but as SSN is starting later this year I wonder if it might be shifted to April

Ian HarkinIan Harkin

Ian HarkinIan Harkin

Phil
    Participant

VNSL are trialling something similar this season. Not rolling subs but player can say substitution when they are asked why they have asked the umpire to hold time.

Ian HarkinIan Harkin

Ian HarkinIan Harkin

So, substitutions can be made at any time, and extra time will be just one block of 5 mins with no changing ends. And if scores are still level, it remains a draw.

caribou
    Participant

Don’t mind rolling subs – the current ‘pretend to be injured’ process is ridiculous. I’ve written about my objections to extra time in home and away games often enough that I won’t repeat them again.

I am glad they listened to supporters views, but would have preferred it if there had been a ‘don’t change, we like it as it is’ option in the survey. It’s not the one I would have chosen – I voted for rolling subs – but it would at least have allowed them to see how many really wanted these changes, rather than just preferred them to the other options (like 2 point shots, or all scores counting double in the last five minutes).

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Not sure about the extra time but very excited about rolling substitutes. Maybe we’ll see more bench players get some extra court time. With extra time I am slightly worried it might make the gaps between teams on the ladder too wide but hopefully the bonus points will cover that and I guess bonus points will become more important than ever.

NettySuperFan
    Participant

I could see Roselee Jenke really utilizing the rolling subs with her defense end, with all of them being young and none of them really demanding a starting 7 role. Bring the young players on and off again may distruptive, but it may be disruptive for the other team, and its the sort of strategy I could see Jenke using.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 109 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2020 SUNCORP SUPER NETBALL