2020 SUNCORP SUPER NETBALL

2020 SUNCORP SUPER NETBALL2019-11-12T22:04:49+10:00

Forums Australia 2020 SUNCORP SUPER NETBALL

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 304 total)
  • Author

I think Shimona Nelson has just been left off the list by mistake. There are only 11 players listed for Collingwood.

Ian HarkinIan Harkin

Nope. Just seen a tweet from Collingwood about their final practice and Nelson isn’t in the photo. Looks like she’s really out!

mcleod
    Participant

So after today, when are they playing again?
    I can only see the draw for round 1.

Ian HarkinIan Harkin

JR
    Participant

The commentators at the Swifts v Giants were talking about a change in the fixture for this round. I vaguely remember seeing the first iteration of the Fixture and they weren’t playing each other.

In my diary I’d written Swifts v Giants for this coming Wednesday evening. I’ve gone to the SSN website and it says “There are no upcoming matches available for this competition”.

Can anyone explain?

Ian HarkinIan Harkin

Yes, that’s right. When the teams that were in Sydney had to go to Brisbane, they changed the fixtures too.

The next round now isn’t being played till the weekend as far as I know.

JR
    Participant

Thanks so much Ian.
    Fixture is still not up!

Ian HarkinIan Harkin

I think this is it, but will wait for confirmation…

Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Looks as though the Thunderbirds have returned to Adelaide, maybe they will host a home game this week? Doesn’t make much sense to return to Adelaide only to fly back to Queensland, especially since their match could be mid-week.

NettySuperFan
    Participant

Nah @Netballcrazy1, I think its just because they don’t have to pay for accommodation and all the other expense of being away from home. Someone said that all the games for round 2 will be on the weekend. I’m watching Chelsea Blackman, Glasgow and Hodges in the Garville v Contax game being streamed on Youtube. Glasgow looking confident (has missed quite a few shots though), and Hodges playing exceptionally well!

JR
    Participant

Thanks for posting that up. Think I’ll focus on the ANZP games this weekend – Mystics v Tactix Sunday 3pm and Taxtix v Pulse Monday 5pm (Melbourne times).

Tully
    Participant

Giants are still in Brisbane so you’d think they’d be playing thunderbirds there before the firebirds game. Thunderbirds aren’t subject to any border closures so they can FIFO.

Swifts are on the Sunshine Coast so maybe their game v fever will follow the lightning match. Collingwood are on the sunny coast but as they play lightning this week that is not unexpected.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Tully.
    Ian HarkinIan Harkin

mcleod
    Participant

8 games in 5 days, but only 3 on TV in Australia.
    8 games in 5 days, all on TV in New Zealand!!!!!.

al_ex
    Participant

All on TV… but only if you pay for Sky. Almost 50% of Australians can watch all 8 games for free, no Kiwis can do that.

Anyway, it will be tough for Fever playing Swifts and Giants with a one day break! I wonder if they’ll try to rotate their midcourt a bit more.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 304 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Australia 2020 SUNCORP SUPER NETBALL