2020 Vitality Netball Nations Cup – Eng, NZ, SA, Jam (January)

2020 Vitality Netball Nations Cup – Eng, NZ, SA, Jam (January)2019-10-23T11:05:50+10:00

Forums International 2020 Vitality Netball Nations Cup – Eng, NZ, SA, Jam (January)

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 282 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Ian, thanks for the updates. I lost my internet connection halfway though the first quarter!

agree with you comments, the real SA turned up this game but NZ were able to push through. I thought Watson would make a comeback in the final quarter but I’m glad Burger and Karaka worked it out. SA were unlucky once Venter managed to stop dropping the ball, she couldn’t shoot. I’m interested to see how she’ll get on in SSN

Jinxibo
      Participant

Corbin starting against Sterling… this should be very very interesting. This will also be a test of Jess’ team management.

Hopefully Corbin will settle quickly but the key is how long do you leave her on court ??

gari79
        Participant

Ian Harkin

1/4 time: Jam 19 v Eng 15

Jamaica really hit their stride in the 2nd half of that Quarter thanks to some timely deflections and intercepts in defence and quick movement of the ball down court. Fowler as hard to stop as ever.

Jinxibo
            Participant

Quarter 1
              England 15 Jamaica 19

Sunshine girls have a deserved lead, they created less turnovers and were able to take them through to goal.

Jinxibo
              Participant

Corbin is off.
                Nat H to GA and Pitman on at WA

Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

1/2 time: Jam 39-31

Another good quarter for Jamaica. A high scoring shootout and that’s just the way they like it. The play was going goal for goal until an intercept and an Eng error produced the 2 turnovers difference for the quarter. Fowler proving unstoppable.

Jinxibo
                    Participant

love cat comments :-)

Sunshine sun girls playing much better this game. Sterling picking off lots of ball. With 5 mins to go Jam benched SSN Dehaney and brought on newly capped Wilson. Girl gets a vital intercept and the lead is stretched!

Jinxibo
                      Participant

Quarter 3
                        England 43 Jamaica 57

Sunshine sun girls keeping themselves in front.

Ian Harkin

3/4 time: Jam 57-45

Jamaica adding another 4 goals on to the margin. They look in control. So much so that Fowler subbed herself off for Shimona Nelson. Fowler back on for the last Q though.

Jinxibo
                          Participant

funny that Nelson’s appearance lasted 3 mins !

Ian Harkin

Full time: Jam 70 v Eng 66

Good win from Jamaica, but they must have been getting a bit nervous in that last quarter. Beckford given the player of the match in her 50th test. Well done.

Jamaica to play NZ tomorrow for the Cup, England to play SA for 3rd & 4th.

NZChampion
                              Participant

Thanks for the updates guys. I slept through my alarm lol.

Not really surprised by both results. England made a nice comeback in that last quarter. I really love the English crowd! Love the atmosphere!

Poor SA just can’t catch a break. Pretorius is totally MIA. I don’t think the time off has worked for her.

Bring on tomorrow! I think all teams have gained some good insight into their own teams. Gained some much needed new caps and experience for the young players. There’s a select few from each team that will be stars one day.

Bring on tomorrow and I hope SA can pull out a win in a tight match. I’m hoping both games will be tight. All teams have played each other now.

Maryann
                                Participant
                                Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 282 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums International 2020 Vitality Netball Nations Cup – Eng, NZ, SA, Jam (January)

Go to Top