2020 Vitality Netball Nations Cup – Eng, NZ, SA, Jam (January)

2020 Vitality Netball Nations Cup – Eng, NZ, SA, Jam (January)2019-10-23T11:05:50+10:00

Forums International 2020 Vitality Netball Nations Cup – Eng, NZ, SA, Jam (January)

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 282 total)
  • Author
    Participant

England players with the wrong bibs on is not pretty. I thought Kadeen Corbin played well, and frankly it was the defence that needed changing. I don’t understand why Shimmin keeps playing at GD.

South Africa are just as bad, Potgeiter at GA looks like a deer caught in the headlights. It’s just not her position, well not at international level.

Well done to Jamaica and New Zealand, they deserve to be in the final.

Jinxibo
    Participant

I think the ferns will take Jam but by a smaller margin. Now that SA have woken up I think they may pip the roses.

I also think,
    – Corbin will be dropped, there was no need to take her off she was playing ok. However, Cardwell has proved herself able to compete, shoot and have a low turnover rate at GA.
    – we may have seen the last of Vangalee (?) Williams and Facey. Sterling had a solid game across GD and GK and Wilson stepped up well. She will be playing in the ESL this season so she’ll improve

Jinxibo
    Participant

Ha Ha Bluebird, on the Roses website it says,
    Cardwell = GS/GA
    Fisher = GA/GS
    Shimo = GK/GD
    Francis = GD/WD

Today Carter came on at WA when she’s a C/WD. I wonder what would happen if everyone played in the right place !!!!!

NZChampion
    Participant

It still feels strange without Australia in this tournament. Surely a B team could have done very well in the Nations Cup.

mcleod
    Participant

I’ve never seen Karla P play so bad.
    Great to see Poi get 60 min, lots to work on, but plenty of time.
    Lots of strapping on the knees of Ekensaiso and Crampton, Ferns are the walking wounded, Watson on limited court time.
    Ferns to beat Jamaica by not as may as 26 but still be a good amount.

Maryann
    Participant

McLeod – Burger was quite heavily strapped too. Ekenasio had the same strapping last game but Cramptons strapping has increased in each game.

JR
    Participant

What topsy-turvy results …
    – South Africa last but lose to NZ by the least
    – Jamaica lose to NZ by 26….10 more than England lose to NZ by….but Jamaica go on to beat England.

Cardwell is great to watch. England have 4 starting 7 players not there – Guthrie, Mentor, Housby and Harten. Good to see young players being given the opportunity to play at this time in the 3-4 year cycle.

Jinxibo
    Participant

I forgot to post this yesterday.

The Sky Sports stats show Eng had 75 shots to Jam 73.

I suppose this shows JT what she needs to work on.

Ian Harkin

Jinxibo, most of that discrepancy was caused by Nat H, who really isn’t a GA. She shot 4/8. Everybody else was great. I was very impressed by Cardwell. The Jamaicans were incredible, shooting at 96%, and 2 of their 3 misses came in one play where Fowler missed, rebounded, missed, rebounded, then scored, just before 1/4 time.

I worked out all these stats myself because Sky and EN don’t seem to think it’s important.

Full time: Jam 70-66

Fowler 61/64 (95%)
    Beckford 8/8 (100%)
    Nelson 1/1 (100%)

Cardwell 46/50 (92%)
    Fisher 11/12 (92%)
    Corbin 5/5 (100%)
    Haythornthwaite 4/8 (50%)

Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

Silver Ferns to meet Jamaica in Netball Nations Cup final

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12303461

Ian Harkin

New-look England leave themselves too much to do in gallant Nations Cup exit to Jamaica

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/netball/2020/01/25/new-look-england-leave-much-do-gallant-nations-cup-exit-jamaica/

Jinxibo
    Participant

Thanks for the stats Ian.

At the time we both questioned why Corbin was subbed. Admittedly she did make a silly turnover from the centre pass that would have levelled the game, I think, but she shot two good goals after that.

I’m not judging JT yet but looking at the shooting stats she should have left Corbin on a little longer. She may have scored 4 or 5 of those 8 chances…

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Jinxibo.
    NZChampion
    Participant

Lisa Alexandra! What are you wearing? 😂

Ian Harkin

Here’s the link to watch the playoff for 3rd, England v South Africa…

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 282 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums International 2020 Vitality Netball Nations Cup – Eng, NZ, SA, Jam (January)