2020 Vitality Netball Nations Cup – Eng, NZ, SA, Jam (January)

2020 Vitality Netball Nations Cup – Eng, NZ, SA, Jam (January)2019-10-23T11:05:50+10:00

Forums International 2020 Vitality Netball Nations Cup – Eng, NZ, SA, Jam (January)

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 282 total)
  • Author

Ian Harkin

3/4 time: NZ 48-38

NZ started to assert some authority on the game in that quarter. Their third different shooting combination for the match but it didn’t matter as they dominated, scoring 20 goals with Maia Wilson scoring 15 of them. Now, is she going to be replaced again???

Ian Harkin

And…. the answer is yes. Selby-Rickit back on for Wilson.

Well, Noeline is nothing if not consistent. She obviously planned on giving all her shooters an equal opportunity, and that’s exactly what she’s done. They’re all getting exactly 2 quarters each! Wow.

Bluebird
    Participant

This is painful. Now I understand what it’s been like for Bath fans the last few years.

Ian Harkin

Full time: NZ 64 v Eng 48

Wilson 27/29 (93%)
    Selby-Rickit 14/16 (88%)
    Ekenasio 12/12 (100%)
    Mes 11/12 (92%)

Cardwell 25/31 (81%)
    Fisher 21/22 (95%)
    Corbin 2/5 (40%)

Gains: NZ 12-7
    Penalties: Eng 55-36
    Turnovers: Eng 30-23

Dominant win from NZ. Definitely the team to beat.

Ian Harkin

NZChampion
    Participant

Despite the final score, the game always felt close. England should be very excited and proud of their young ones who stood up. Fishwell was nice to watch. Carter in her little stint was awesome. Lots of positives for Englands future.

Likewise with NZ. Saunders was pretty solid in C. Souness was okay, I don’t feel like she owned that WA bib, but it’s a start. Wilson was just so solid and steady. The feeds were simple and well placed into her space most of the time. Our back line is as good as it gets. I really wish they will send a replacement player over for MSB.

Maryann
    Participant

NZ Champion – by the time they get a player on the plane and over there there will only be 1 or 2 days to go and then there is jet lag. Saunders was okay in WD last quarter, needs more experience there but she did okay. Yes, with Watsons ankle issue D is going to be light and the players have to work harder but it is their chance to show whether they have the goods or not.

Jinxibo
    Participant

it’s Fisher and I wanted her to go to Magic as the replacement player for Mons.

I thought the Roses would struggle but they kept in touch longer than expected. Corbin ran out of steam before halftime (expected). Jess left it too long before taking her off. Cardwell shot well at GA and looked good at GS too. Is she really going to spend he season sitting on the bench behind Joyce?

Ferns were steady as ever

Jinxibo
    Participant

Not sure if anyone posted this but Mes was MVP

Jinxibo
    Participant

*** WHINGE WARNING *** WHINGE WARNING *** WHINGE WARNING *** WHINGE WARNING

Why was LA warning a thick jumper, it’s not that cold,, especially indoors… and

she said she was there on behalf of the SSN managers to watch how the contracted players got on. WHAT! I thought they were blocking opportunities for home grown players and that was the reason you didn’t win the CWG or WC :-|

WHINGE END

NZChampion
    Participant

In fairness to LA. Your not that cold is probably Antarctica to her. 🥶😂 Australia are up in the 40 degrees right now. So it would be quite a big drop in, temperature. 😉

Jinxibo
    Participant

That’s true LOL

I found it funny especially with Ama standing there in short sleeves

englishrose21
    Participant

Norma Plummer was sat on England’s secondary bench with the other staff. I wonder what is going on there?
    I find Jess Thirlby very frustrating. She hesitates with her changes and then it’s too late.
    Corbin was knackered and flagging and should have come off earlier and Williams should have been on earlier too as Shimmin/Francis combo wasn’t working.

Ian Harkin

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 282 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums International 2020 Vitality Netball Nations Cup – Eng, NZ, SA, Jam (January)