2021 ANZP GRAND FINAL – Mystics v Tactix

2021 ANZP GRAND FINAL – Mystics v Tactix2021-08-20T08:28:11+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Agreed, lovely speech by Sulu as well. Liked her comments about the Umpires

mcleod
      Participant

I missed Jane’s speech, will try and catch it later. She is still the best GK in NZ, and IMO will be Ferns captain.

Baller
          Participant

Great to see a highly competitive game. Played out as expected with quick passes to Nweke.

Congratulations Mystics.

Anyone know when the SF wider team is announced?

NZChampion
            Participant

From last place in 2019 to winners 2 years later. Supreme effort from them all. Such a great team with only 2 current Silverferns in there and one International player Ama. Amazing job well done!

Back to the drawing board for Tactix. Definitely need to hunt down a WD and an extra GA/GS. Elley just hasn’t been herself this season I think. Prosser isn’t the answer for when TP goes off.

JR
              Participant

<<Anyone know when the SF wider team is announced?>>

Tuesday.

mcleod
                Participant

Tuesday, 1 big name will be missing apparently.

steelsupporter84
                  Participant

Ooh do tell? Mes?

mcleod
                    Participant

Well maybe her as well, but this missing player is a very big name.

TB
                      Participant

I thought Pederson should have came on earlier. But what a great game that was!
                        Going by the stats, the shooting kind of let the Tactix down.
                        Defence from both teams was amazing. I really did think Mystics were going to blow the score out. But the Tactix stepped it up, to narrow the gap. They did really well to stay in touch.

On a side note, I forget that Poi was coached by Rob Wright at Collingwood.

TB
                        Participant

@mcleod is it Maia Wilson?

Kwkiwi
                          Participant

Fabulous game. Could have gone either way right until the end. Was worth it just to watch those feeds going in from Toeava to Nweke. They must be going to include Toeava in the ferns squad just for her connection with Nweke. Glad Toeava got mvp. Well deserved.

Maryann
                            Participant

I think Maia will take time away. I’m not sure about Bailey – she is still struggling with achilles issues.

minkie
                              Participant

Gut feeling tells me one or two might be unavailable. I don’t know about Maia but think it’d be best for her to have a break. Congrats to Grace, do B proud. Am rapt it was a Mystics/Tactix GF, such a close game.

al_ex
                                Participant

Mystics finally deliver on their potential!! It’s very obvious that the leadership of Fitzpatrick has been a great, humbling influence. An amazing effort across the court. If Toeva and Burley are going to get Silver Ferns opportunities, surely it will be this year. Nweke is needed for NZL regardless of fitness levels.

Strong fight from the Tactix, especially from the defensive end. I feel like they need a better third shooter if they want to push on to win a title, just a lack of options there cost them a few times this season. It’s great to see them playing so well after all those tough years though.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top