2021 ANZP Pre-Season Matches

2021 ANZP Pre-Season Matches2021-03-26T17:00:09+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Grace McLean is doing a really good job for the Pulse. Still not sure why they chose to bring Amaru-Tibble back.

If you’re having trouble with the facebook stream from NZ, go here instead…

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/netball/300260358/watch-live-anz-premiership-netball-preseason-tournament

moooz
        Participant

Interesting to see Souness in GA

Baller
          Participant

Souness was incredibly nippy and somewhat accurate from the play I saw.

CK
            Participant

ANZ Pre-Season Results:

Game 7 – Mystics 66 : 57 Steel

Game 8 – Pulse 61 : 53 Stars

NZChampion
                Participant

Looks like it’s going to be an interesting ANZP. Top 3 teams imo Tactix, Pulse and Stars. Magic look very good too, so could see them in the hunt.

Tactix looked well oiled, just the shot to finish at times. Solid connections throughout though.

Pulse looking brand new and very young. But they also have great connections and possibly the best bench.

Stars with Harrison makes a difference. Shooters galore in this team. Stars are spoiled for shooters. Some great options off the bench.

Magic look very good, with more time together will surely improve over the season.

Mystics forever looking for consistency. Good luck with that. I don’t think Burley suits this team. She spent most of the weekend out of play.

Steel not too bad. Should look more settled with Fisher in the back. Loved the safe hands on attack, Saunders leadership will be crucial for them on attack.

CK
                  Participant

ANZ Pre-Season Results:

Game 9 – Magic 69 : 49 Steel

Game 10 – Stars 49 : 49 Tactix

Game 11 – Pulse 55 : 53 Mystics

sarahlove
                    Participant

I think it is probably her consistency. I watched all of the games this weekend, and when she is hot, she is super. But when she is not, it is like everything Kees going badly for her. Check out the Pulse first game this weekend compared to the game vs Stars.

Ok another note, the injury toll for this tournament is rough.

mcleod
                      Participant

I’m wondering if Souness will be used more at GA in the ANZ. Ekenasio maybe given more time to have a extended break.

Baller
                        Participant

Biggest surprise of the weekend: Souness at GA… 88% against the Stars
                          Most impressive team: Tactix
                          Weird moments: Still getting used to seeing Bassett but great to see her laughing with Mikaere
                          Highlight: Seeing young players get substantial court time
                          Low light: too many rolled ankles

mcleod
                          Participant

Do have to wonder about the strapping of the ankles.
                            To much, to little, not enough prep.
                            Thankfully 3 weeks until the start of the anz.

sarahlove
                            Participant

Knees as well.
                              Taylor from Mystics and the WA training partner from the Stars both have done knees I suspect.

Jinxibo
                              Participant

OMG loving it

@NZ Champ, I agree with your to a point Tactix and Stars will be at the top, not fully convinced about Pulse.

@Baller, Mcleod and Sarahlove, agreed too many injuries, but having said that 1 injury is too much for me. They were a mix of knee and ankle. THSR was as a result of landing on someones foot so it’s not all down to poor conditioning.

Jinxibo
                                Participant

Other thoughts…

Most impressive team: Tactix, they have the strongest defence and centre court
                                  Weird moments: Souness at GA, but she was good and Hume at centre
                                  Highlight: Seeing Fisher. Steel have such a young Team with lots of promise. With Saunders and THSR at each end to act as anchors , well they could be a surprise package. Jury at GD, I know she played there a few times at Magic but now she’s older and wiser so I can’t wait to see what she can do
                                  Low light: my team the Magic. They looked like 7 players on a court, not a team. I was disappointed with the lack of conditioning of Semple and Tem

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top