2021 ANZP ROUND 1

2021 ANZP ROUND 12021-04-16T13:26:51+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2021 ANZP ROUND 1

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Should we have an NS jurisdictary??

JR
    Participant

Interview with CBass and Ama didn’t disappoint. Glad the streaming sorted itself out for the last quarter and for Netball Zone afterwards.

Andrew Kennedy
    Participant

JUDICIARY! I think we need a thread here on NS for rough play. I doubt it will happen in the ANZP or SSNL.

The massively deliberate push from GS (and Silver Fern) Wilson in the face of the GK Mason today was ugly (round 1 of the NZ league today), but I’m going to side with her and say she had been baited the whole game. As a player, I never have smacked another athlete unprovoked, but when they carry on like pork chops thinking they can undermine me, I will whip them and then stare them down. “Right! You want to play like this all game? Then that’s how we’re going to play”, so I throw them to the ground. And ironically, the umpire never saw me react.

I think that’s the case with Buetta when she threw Weston to the ground 4-5 years ago. Most players are really composed and the deliberate stuff comes after too much deliberate niggle from the other player. If a player wants to be an antagonist, they have to be ready to be smacked to the ground, too.

(In case some people hadn’t seen it, Maia Wilson was filmed with her hand in the face of Mason, but it was because Mason was being a clown multiple times by deliberately contacting Wilson and the umpire wasn’t seeing it)

Jinxibo
    Participant

@Andy Kennedy, can you start that thread pls. As you can see I can’t spell.

There was a lot of push n stove between Cbass and Fitzpatrick, it will be interesting to see if anything comes out of that encounter

mcleod
    Participant

Maia put her fingers in the eyes of Mason. Down right dirty act.
    If Maia can’t handle a 18yr old doing a bit of pushing, (hell Maia does it all game)
    and has to resort to low down ditry tactic, then she needs to sort her game quick smart.

Baller
    Participant

From the No 1 SF GS she needs to continue to work on her discipline.

I think generally the competition will be closer this year. Feeds and shooter connections will be key.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by Baller.
    Silvero20
    Participant

What sort of judicial response is that @AndrewKennedy?

– “Baited the whole game”: At that point of the game, Mason had only been on for all of 7mins. Piss poor excuse and, quite frankly, a cop out.

– “Pork chop”, “clown”: What are those terms? Not very descriptive. If you’re relying on your single piece of evidence, that Mason was deliberately contacting, then you should know that for the time Mason played GK vs to the time that Harrison played GK, their per quarter infringements were the same. Which is to say – they were equal pork chops and equal clowns. Compare that to when Mason is at GD and Harrison is at GK, Harrison is penalised also 3x as much (per quarter). So who is the bigger pork chop?

– I’m glad you don’t coach. You’d be awful.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by Silvero20.
    museboy
    Participant

Well, let’s add Maia to the list of players caught on camera purposely whacking their opponent in the face. The list for me is also Geitz, JFR plus a player from T&T in the 2010 CWGs.

enozlas
    Participant

Is there any way to watch replays of these games in Aus? I’m mostly unable to watch the games live streamed but really don’t want to miss out on seeing the teams go at it!

Maryann
    Participant

Enozlas try this – I’m currently in Tasmania and can view but I do have a NZ email address which may make a difference https://netballnz.streamamg.com/index.php/2021/04/14/skycity-mystics-vs-wbop-magic-6?lang=en

enozlas
    Participant

Thank you! That works :)
    For some reason when I sign in the “latest videos” only shows constellation cup and games from last year. But your link works so that’s perfect! Do you mind posting a link to the Pulse game too please? :-)

Jinxibo
    Participant

@enozlas, the Pulse is there you need to scroll, left or right, to see it.

Also if you start the con Cup game, a list of other games should appear on the right of the screen.

ahdz
    Participant

You can also click on Calendar and go to the days the games were played? That’s what I done anyway lol

Maryann
    Participant

I’m not finding it the easiest to use either :)

Here you go https://netballnz.streamamg.com/index.php/2021/04/14/pulse-vs-northern-stars-2?lang=en

Andrew Kennedy
    Participant

Hi Silvero, you are totally right, I think I was just reacting too passionately in the moment. I definitely had the wrong player in my mind and I could’ve put my point across better, so I apologise to you and the others. Nobody deserves an eye gouge. Still, this sort of thing should be sanctioned by a judiciary, because if the player doesn’t play with good sportmanship and the coach doesn’t instil those attitudes and behaviours, the league should act.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2021 ANZP ROUND 1