2021 ANZP ROUND 12

2021 ANZP ROUND 122021-07-02T19:34:35+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2021 ANZP ROUND 12

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Poi is awesome

Kwkiwi
      Participant

Watched the mystics stars game. Nweke is just about unstoppable. Nobody in the Anz league can out rebound her including Harrison. Would be interesting to see how she gets on against the aussie defenders. Surely mystics should give Vui a full game at GA or at least give her the start. Toeva must be in the runnings for ferns selection.
        Hume definitely not a very clutch shooter at crucial times. She missed too many shots I thought.

al_ex
        Participant

Toeva is like Tuivaiti. She’s great against a zone, she’s very flashy and has a lot of talent. But she’s lazy on defence, sprays balls under pressure and doesn’t have the discipline to play patient netball when she can’t feed from off the circle edge. Against a tall, man-on-man WD like Weston I think she’d be ineffective.

Vui should definitely be getting a full game and I’d like to see her starting for Mystics next season. Mes needs to play for a club where she’s either a GS or a GA who plays a bigger shooting role. Her talent is wasted at Mystics.

Kwkiwi
          Participant

I think Mes gets enough opportunities to shoot at Mystics, it’s just that she’s missed a lot this season. She can rebound but not shoot that well, especially under pressure. Vui doesn’t have that problem of not being able to get enough shots away playing alongside Nweke.

Will be interesting to see if Taurua includes Mes in the ferns squad on the back of this season’s form and court time. Vui looks to be the better shooter. Vui’s got a good long shot as well.I also think Metuarau is playing well at GA this season.

Baller
            Participant

The headache of Nweke and SF selection. Would love to know what NT is thinking.

As hard as it is, I’m reserving judgement of Parata until I see her next year and her with own selected recruitment of players. Hopefully enough players want to stay and positional gaps get filled with the right players.

mcleod
              Participant

Gail Parata just sits on the bench looking stone faced. Her team were poor yesterday. Maddy Gordon is resorting to shoving players in the back. They looked totally out of ideas.

Netballfan1
                Participant

Couldn’t believe Gordon shoving Watson like that! Dirty play doesn’t win games

mcleod
                  Participant

Gordon came of 2nd best, and clearly tried to get Jane in trouble.
                    Thankfully umpire was having none of it.

Ian Harkin

Fisher is back tonight but she’s not in the starting 7…

Ian Harkin

1/4 time: Magic 12-11

Bassett 7/7 (100%)
                        Williams 5/6 (83%)

Namana 8/10 (80%)
                        Metuarau 3/5 (60%)

Magic up by 1 at 1/4 time. They have started well in several games this year and not gone on with it. Could they do it today?

Waylay
                        Participant

Magic lead. 12-11 at quarter time.

Solid quarter from them, best I’ve seen mikaere play in about 5 years. Tong also impressive. Grace Kara looks like she’s playing at about 70%, and magic are having trouble getting out on centre pass because she’s so proppy.

Metuarau/Namana have been messy, no where near as clinical as last week. I imagine we will see Fisher enter soon.

Waylay
                          Participant

Steel up 4 at the half.

Magic have 12 turnovers. 6 of them have been off a centre pass. They will probably go down as a Sam Winders poor pass but really she has no options to pass to. They have zero structure off the centre pass.

Adzelmo
                            Participant

Watching Magic v Steel and anyone who thinks the Magic feed Bassett well are kidding themselves.
                              The amount of times Bassett is free on the 1st and 2nd second and yet there is no vision into her at all is soooo frustrating to watch. Sinclair in particular is so tunnel visioned on only looking to the front GA for a close pass fails to see the hold Bassett has on for an easy lob to the post!
                              Kara is much better but even still at times her vision into that circle is not what it should be.
                              Surely Metcalf should be able to coach this vision into the players considering she was a middie herself? hmmmm

Don’t get me wrong, Bassetts hands aren’t always the safest but until she starts fumbling the ball at least put it into her at the post! B-)

Ian Harkin

1/2 time: Steel 29-25

Bassett 14/15 (93%)
                                Williams 11/12 (92%)

Namana 20/22 (91%)
                                Metuarau 9/13 (69%)

Steel won the second Q by 5 to take a handy lead. Grace Namana has certainly proved to be a more than adequate replacement for Fisher in the past two games.

Baller
                                Participant

The pops out of the circle from Bassett is something Nweke is still learning. Yes, Bassett was free on numerous occasions.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2021 ANZP ROUND 12

Go to Top