2021 ANZP ROUND 15

2021 ANZP ROUND 152021-07-23T18:43:34+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2021 ANZP ROUND 15

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    TB
    Participant

So if Steel and Tactix both loose, there’s still no chance for the Stars to make finals?

Cloz
    Participant

No, even if steel and tactix were to lose with no bonus point. Stars will finish one point behind.

al_ex
    Participant

I’m a firm believer that no more than half the teams should make finals, but I feel like the NZ comp plays the finals the wrong way around. Instead of having 1 going straight to the final, I think it should play out more like in four team comps with 1 v 2 and then 3 can play the loser in the preliminary final. It’s crazy that Mystics are just straight into a home final. It also makes the end of the season so short, and at times anti-climactic.

mcleod
    Participant

Na I think it’s a excellent format. Only 6 teams. Last year there was no playoff was just a final 1 v 2.
    Home advantage for either team will be massive.
    I also feel the Mystics are stumbling at the end of the comp. Lost to he Steel, fall over the line against the Pulse, winning only by 2, when they lead by about 12 at one stage. They will want to put out a full 60min game against the Tactix, but with the game tomorrow being in Christchurch, Sunday arvo and pretty much sold out, I feel the Tactix will want it more.

HBHP
    Participant

I really wish they did a playoff series! Best of 3 would be so exciting, especially with how close it has been this year. I’d also love to see a proper semi final (1v4, 2v3) instead of the current format

Ian Harkin
    Baller
    Participant

I wondered if there might be a different feel from the Pulse now that everything is out in the open. No pressure and playing for enjoyment.

Ian Harkin

1/4 time: Steel 17-14

Fisher 11/11 (100%)
    Metuarau 6/7 (86%)

Dunn 9/10 (90%)
    Amaru-Tibble 5/5 (100%)

Penalties: Steel 14-11
    Turnovers: Pulse 5-4

mcleod
    Participant

Bit of a bland game so far, nobody doing anything.

TB
    Participant

I really don’t understand the comments (or how it’s such a great story)regarding Tibble and how she thought she wasn’t going to get much court time, and now has played most minutes. Talking like it’s an excuse for why she’s not fully fit.
    I mean did she only do half the preseason training, cause she thought she wasn’t going to get much court time? Or was she not required by the coach, to complete all preseason sessions?

Then you go over to the SSN, where some starting 7 players (Austin and Watson comes to mind) have had season ending injuries………their replacement players come in, and you barely hear a word about fitness.

You’d think with the new fitness standards at Silverferns level, it should filter down to the franchise teams for ALL players 🤷‍♂️

HBHP
    Participant

Outstanding game from Heffernan so far

amandalouise
    Participant

I’ll be interested to see when (if!) the Constellation Cup is played, how the Australian team stops/defends the very very short passes that NZ do a lot. I think it was a bit of a silly rule change, it does make it very hard to defend, but NZ players are certainly using it to advantage, and I don’t recall seeing it used at all in the SSN games.

Ian Harkin

1/2 time: Steel 32-29

Fisher 23/23 (100%)
    Metuarau 9/11 (82%)

Dunn 17/20 (85%)
    Amaru-Tibble 12/12 (100%)

Penalties: Steel 25-20
    Turnovers: Pulse 10-8

mcleod
    Participant

I agree TB. And a interesting comment from Sam Winders after the Magic v Tactix game last Sunday.
    She said something like they knew that they had to get a good lead, as they wouldn’t be able to run with the Tactix for 60min.
    Um so it seems Tactix are training under the Dame Noels fitness, and Magic just do whatever they want.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 104 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2021 ANZP ROUND 15