2021 ANZP ROUND 15

2021 ANZP ROUND 152021-07-23T18:43:34+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2021 ANZP ROUND 15

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Warning for Heffernan for dangerous play.

JR
    Participant

And Kersten gets a caution for an intentional contact.

Ian Harkin

3/4 time: Steel 46-44

Fisher 33/34 (97%)
    Metuarau 13/17 (76%)

Dunn 27/30 (90%)
    Amaru-Tibble 17/17 (100%)

Penalties: Steel 40-30
    Turnovers: Pulse 13-12

HBHP
    Participant

Not such a good outing for kersten tonight. Looking like she’s had enough of the season

NZChampion
    Participant

Looks like Steel is hosting the elimination final.

NZChampion
    Participant

Oh wait no, not yet lol.

Ian Harkin

Full time: Steel 59-57

Fisher 42/45 (93%)
    Metuarau 17/21 (81%)

Dunn 36/39 (92%)
    Amaru-Tibble 21/21 (100%)

Assists: Saunders 25
    Gains: Selby-Rickit, Jury 4

Penalties: Steel 53-38 (Jury 14)
    Turnovers: Pulse 19-17 (Saunders 7)

MVP: Kate Heffernan (Steel)

Ian Harkin

If Tactix defeats Mystics tomorrow, they will host the Elimination final against Steel. If Tactix loses that match, Steel will host.

Nesian
    Participant

@TB obviously you are a high level athlete and fitness isn’t a problem for you.
    If you are brought in and specifically told that you might only be needed a few minutes here and there and sign a contract on that basis then you are hardly going to go out to make sure you are running 17’s on the yoyo for your potential few minutes of game time.

Are the replacement players in the SSN mothers of two children and in their early 30’s? If so I’d love to see them perform anywhere near the standard of Tibble.

Why should the SF’s fitness standards filter down to those who have no desire to play for Ferns? Quite silly really.

thunder123
    Participant

I know it’s only Facebook lol but people are saying the commentary said Souness isn’t returning to the Pulse next year. Anyone shed any light on this?

HBHP
    Participant

I do think players have a personal responsibility when it comes to fitness. Obviously, if they have no intention of being a SF then we might expect they aren’t quite at the same, ultra elite, fitness level of the women who are. However, fitness/weight/diet can be changed with dedication (especially in an elite scenario where they are paid for their skills) and I don’t know if it seems like Semples (and others who haven’t seemed at an appropriate fitness level) fitness has proven to improve greatly through the season. I think we should expect good fitness standards, and having an expectation around this will hopefully result in better players, and better games.

NZChampion
    Participant

Te Amo was tired in the 4th quarter. But she did do well to make it that far. She usually drops off in the third. So I guess there is some improvement for her. If she starts her off season right now! Works hard and makes some gains! I think she will be good for Pulse next year.

JR
    Participant

No the replacement players are not in their early 30s or have two kids. For Austin and Watson the replacements are Dwyer and Mundy. They’re both very young and doing good jobs. I’d actually say Dwyer is doing a great job and not sure what will happen in 2022 when Austin returns. Come to Vixens Sophie, we need a GA!!!

There are some playing mums in the SSN, including some who very recently had bubs. They are Brandley, Bueta and Ravillion.

Bueta had her baby in Feb this year and is tipped to be in the Diamonds team.

There has been talk on the thread about who will be in the Diamonds that the other two new mums should be considered given how well they’re playing. Brandley is 31 and her baby is about a year old. Rav is 28 in a couple of days and her baby is about 15 months old.

All the mums who play top level netty should be applauded and supported as much as possible.

I’ve enjoyed watching Amaru-Tibble and Semple this year. Amaru-Tibble scored 21/21 today. That’s a great output and an amazing percentage.

Nesian
    Participant

@NZchampion, agreed, she was tired. I actually liked it in previous games when they brought on Roland to give her a break every now and and then.

I’d be very suprised if she plays ANZ again. She was only brought in because there was no one else. The Pulse were going to get Semple when the Magic aquired Basset but the Pulse asked her to do a fitness test before signing her and she refused so that’s why she stayed at the Magic.

TB
    Participant

@Nesian calm down. I don’t know what, “age” and being a mother has anything to do with being fit. She is not the first, nor will be the last. I applaud all mothers who are playing at this high level. But that’s not what we are talking about here!

There is a lot of players in the ANZ who would expect to be spending most of their season on the bench……….does that mean they shouldn’t be trying to be as fit as they can be? Or that they shouldn’t be hitting the fitness standards? I mean they’re not going to get on court much, so why bother aye (according to your logic)?

Btw I like Tibble as a player. Personally I’ve never thought she was unfit. I have always viewed her as a slower style GA, who is extremely clever in her play. Semple is unfit!

However I have read your comments on here saying “if she was fully fit” and then hearing Jenny Woods in commentary saying the same type of things. So I ask the question “why isn’t she fit”? This question is more so directed at the coaches, not so much Tibble (or Semple or Miss F or anyone else).
    My comparison to SSN, is we would never be having discussions about fitness.

I must say I had to 😂 when you try and question my fitness levels 🙄 We are all couch coaches, who loves coming to this forum to discuss netball. We have opinions and we like to share them, that’s why we are here. I didn’t know there was a fitness requirement to being on here 🤷‍♂️

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 104 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2021 ANZP ROUND 15