2021 ANZP ROUND 15

2021 ANZP ROUND 152021-07-23T18:43:34+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2021 ANZP ROUND 15

Viewing 14 posts - 91 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • Author

Sadly, in a season where they’ve only won one game but been highly competitive in most, this was probably Magic’s worst performance of the year.

For Stars, it’s a case of what might have been, having won their first 5 games. However, it must be noted that they finished with the same number of wins and a better % than Tactix. It was purely the bonus points that kept them out of the playoffs.

TB
    Participant

My Sky Team:

Nweke
    Hume
    Toeava
    Poi
    Ione
    Burger
    Sulu

My Silverfern 7:

Nweke
    TPSR
    Crampton
    Poi
    Winders
    Burger
    Sulu

TB
    Participant

I love how Adine Wilson putting Deb Fuller on the spot, about picking Nweke. Almost demanding that she gets selected.

Baller
    Participant

Overall, I have really enjoyed the closeness of the scoreboard this season.

Besides Wilsons shooting stats, how was her movement? I watched about 10 secs of the game, sounds like there wasn’t much to miss.

Jinxibo
    Participant

@TB, I like the way that Debs never offers an answer. She just smiles LOL

But seriously, I was thinking about Debs comment about assuring they have versatility in the squad. So based purely on this season do you pick Temu or Jury ??

Netfan212
    Participant

Yeah the shooting percentages from some of these shooters are ugly to look at. I really hope Maia is fine and just needs a rest. 17/29 is really scary, considering how she was tracking early in the season.

Whatever she’s dealing with I hope she has the support she needs. I’d really consider leaving her out of the ferns, for her own sake, even for just the Roses test series (if that’s happening). I’d go with Nweke, then Dunn or Mes. Mes is capable of being a dominant shooter if in GS, and Dunn, while she doesn’t exactly light up the court, is consistent and sure hands.

GA: Hume, love her court craft but she’s just too inconsistent on the shot. TPSR same boat as Hume, but has the experience. Metaurua would be my pick, but it would be a huge leap for her.

Ferns:

Nweke,Dunn
    Metuarau,Mes/Hume
    Toeava/Crampton/Souness,Poi/Saunders,Heffernan/Winders
    Fitzpatrick, Watson, Burger, Burley/Temu

I hope DNT stops with the 3 defender thing. You’ll need 4 at the GC, so start blooding someone like Burley who deserves a spot- Michaela and Phoenix are still far from where they need to be to get a recall.

Jinxibo
    Participant

@netfan212, DNT wants to select 4 defenders but they have to pass the fitness test. Jury will pass it this time I’m sure, but Temu has had a better season and probably following club fitness standards not SF :scratch:

Agree with you about Karaka. I think MSB will make the talent squad and progress to the main squad after a few games.

NZChampion
    Participant

Karaka is a Noeline fave, she might make it based on experience. Pretty sure she would pass the yoyo to get in. She had bubs a while back now.

Waylay
    Participant

Anyone know why Holly Fowler didn’t play?

mcleod
    Participant

Holly injured apparently, I hope not the knee again Please!!!

Maryann
    Participant

I know they indicated injured but is it possible it was because she is not a contracted player and therefore had done the max amount of time on court allowed? IMO they really missed her on court.

mcleod
    Participant

Yes they did. But how can the Magic play so well against the Tactix, and 7 days later put in their worst performance in a long time.

TB
    Participant

Ye they seemed very disconnected. It’s also the first time they lost so terribly with Grace Kara in the lineup.

I’m looking forward to seeing what changes/announcements they’ll be making for next season!

mcleod
    Participant

Stars missed 30 shots and still won by 19.

Viewing 14 posts - 91 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2021 ANZP ROUND 15