2021 ANZP ROUND 3

2021 ANZP ROUND 32021-05-01T01:38:43+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2021 ANZP ROUND 3

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Participant

No Grace Kara today, I know she didn’t finish the game last week, but what’s her injury?

fayth
    Participant

She did something to her knee. Neither her or the club have released any info yet

Zac
    Participant

Pretty dis-Grace-full that the club hasn’t released anything yet. On a more serious note, really hope she’s all OK and we get to see her out there carving up in the mid court again for the Magic very shortly!

ahdz
    Participant

I know Amigene is the coach but I wish Noels would just pop in and show them how to get the best out of Bassett lol

TB
    Participant

I agree AHDZ.

But then it might back fire on us, and she ends up playing amazing for Diamonds again 🤷‍♂️😂

thunder123
    Participant

What are everyone’s thoughts on Gail Parada as a coach?

Kwkiwi
    Participant

Don’t think Parata is as good as McCausland Durie so far. Although with ekenasio out of the line up the Pulse are not as potent on attack. Not sure why Parata didn’t play Jury on Fisher. Much better match up and Jury was putting Fisher off her shot when she did play GK for the last 5 minutes.

I thought the woman umpire called everything for the Steel and turned a blind eye to all the contact by Steel players. Selby Ricket was constantly reaching around the Pulse shooters and wasn’t being called. Jury got pushed out of court on a crucial rebound and that umpire gave the ball to the steel!

TB
    Participant

I think Gail is doing a decent job. They haven’t lost by big margins, and Ekenasio definitely adds an extra 10-15 points.

ahdz
    Participant

I just really want teams back to full strength to put an end to the Stars run 🤣 they’re a good team but for some reason I’m not a fan of theirs or their coach this year. Maia talking about how physical the games have been was also a bit rich but anywho 👀

NZChampion
    Participant

I’m not Parata fan, never have been. But the Pulse are not doing too bad.

Dunn, Souness, Gordon, Kersten, Lokotui, Mason, Jury.

This line up screams speed all over the court. I wished Parata could utilise this lineup with Eke out. These losses could cost them in the end.

Jinxibo
    Participant

@NZChamp, can you explain what you mean when you say “I wished Parata could utilise this lineup with Eke out.” Pls.

Have to admit I am a fan of Gail. I can still remember the excitement in Scotland when she became their coach. You only need to look at the success of the Sirens team to see her influence.

Jinxibo
    Participant

@Kwkiwi, agreed Jury should is a good match for Fisher.

@Zac, :negative: :negative:

@AHDZ :good: :good: just wait until the second half of the season

Generally Magic is my team. I never wanted CBass, I wanted Fisher. I just can’t understand why they have problems feeding her. When Williams was GS the ball seemed to be flying in.

It was nice to see Temu hunting outside the circle, just like Tem used to do, :whistle: I wonder if she’ll get it back

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Jinxibo.
    Baller
    Participant

I think Parata and the Pulse are doing well enough for now. I remember back to 2019(?) when the Stars made the top three basically with wins and bonus points.

Besides the Stars the ladder is still very tight, especially if the Tactix win tonight.

TB
    Participant

Jinxibo, the feeds last year, probably seemed to go in easier as they had a very creative GA. Also had a nice WA in Souness (although Kara is a good replacement)
    What they were missing was a solid GS.

This season they have that solid GS, but IMO are lacking that creative GA. In saying that, these young ones are playing some decent netball. However I thought it was maybe bad luck, they couldn’t retain ALM or Falkner (or ACD – Kara could have played GA).

museboy
    Participant

I agree, but I also think Bassett has lost form or is hampered by that knee. A great shooter is someone who can take an ugly feed or bad pass and make something of it. A good shooter is accurate but needs the feed placed perfectly. Bassett’s currently in the second category, and reminds me very much of IVD towards the tail end of her career where she best compliments a GA who can put up 40-50% of the goals.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2021 ANZP ROUND 3