2021 ANZP ROUND 3

2021 ANZP ROUND 32021-05-01T01:38:43+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2021 ANZP ROUND 3

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Parata won’t be back next year or if she is, a lot of the players won’t.

I thought the Pulse could have taken the game if it weren’t for a couple of crucial turnovers in the 4th by Lokotui but that’s part of the game. Would have moved Jury to GK in the 3rd quarter as she looked to trouble Fisher a bit more even though Nawai had a solid game. Good to see Erwood get a run out there too. Steel has only lost twice at home since this version of the ANZ so I thought the Pulse did well to keep it that close. Great to see Metuarau using her creativity to get the ball to her GS.

Bassett really does look like that knee is troubling her but I still think the Magic can turn it around this season.

Really enjoying the ANZ because it’s a lot closer than in previous years.

thunder123
    Participant

Yeah, to me it doesn’t look like the players buy into Parata’s coaching.
    She doesn’t seem to have that aura about her like YMD.

Would be hard to rotate the midcourt too as from what I’ve seen, looks like Gordon’s best position is WA, but so is Souness.
    And Jury has done much better than expected in GD, but miss that Rore type GD.

Always going to be hard with no Eke though.

Baller
    Participant

YMD is someone special. Look how many players have starting positions across the franchises who have gone through the Pulse with YMD. I also really enjoy her commentating. Shame we couldn’t see her work her magic for the U21.
    Hard work and talent.

Ian Harkin

I really think the knee is troubling Bassett. Not sure what the problem is, but I’m just not used to seeing her with her knee all strapped up like that. She’s been relatively injury free in her whole career until just the last 2 or 3 years when she’s got a few niggling ones that have come all at once.

NZChampion
    Participant

Will be going for Tactix tonight. Mystics seem to bring the best out of them. Maybe they will start their turn this game. Prosser needs to have a big game tonight.

WeWood
    Participant

Very interesting comments Nesian, esp. given your knowledge and connections..

Why doesn’t Parata switch Gordon and Kersten? Feel Gordon has the lungs for 60 mins in the middle.

mcleod
    Participant

Te Paea in the game day 10 for the match.

sarahlove
    Participant

Hmmmm I have no insight on Parata as a coach, but I am going to give her the benefit of the doubt (for now!) for these reasons:
    1. Ekenasio is absolutely a game changer. This was proven in the constellation cup – the only game we lost was the one she didn’t play, and she would have been the key shooter that they probably didn’t think they would be subbing.
    2. YM did have really good recent success – but does anyone else remember her first stint in the Pulse role? Her team was not as stacked and Pulse had a miserable season (unless I am remembering the wrong person).
    3. I’m pleased to have seen the Pulse players on the court – even if I would like to see Mason a bit more, at least they have been seen! I think the speed of Gordon in WD and the height of Jury at GD has been reasonably successful for those 2 positions and those players. The problem is that you can’t have 2 Jury’s. Hole in GK, which Nawai is trying hard to fill.

I reserve the right to change my mind!

Ian Harkin

Mystics v Tactix

Mystics:
    GS Nweke
    GA Mes
    WA Toeava
    C Earle
    WD Ioane
    GD Burley
    GK Fitzpatrick

Tactix:
    GS Bird
    GA Prosser
    WA Pedersen
    C Poi
    WD Elley
    GD Burger
    GK Watson

Live scoring/stats: https://mc.championdata.com/anz_premiership/

Live streaming: https://netballnz.streamamg.com/

Jinxibo
    Participant

Not a good start by Tactixs

Ian Harkin

1/4 time: Mystics 16-9

Tactix struggling again and Te Paea Selby-Rickit has now entered the game for the first time this season to see if she can make a change.

Jinxibo
    Participant

gap down to 2 great play by the tactixs

Cloz
    Participant

Tactix a totally different team with TPSR on the court. Giving Bird confidence and opening up the circle and attack end as a whole.

Baller
    Participant

I mean this as a compliment, TPSR really slowed the play down allowing for quality feeds into Bird.

NZChampion
    Participant

Now that’s the winning Tactix I remember. Stepped up defensively as well. Welcome back TP! You make so much sense of the attack end. Bit rusty at first, but starting to come into the game better.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2021 ANZP ROUND 3