2021 ANZP ROUND 5

2021 ANZP ROUND 52021-05-14T23:51:34+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2021 ANZP ROUND 5

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Heffernen is impressing me at C. She won the battle over Kersten I thought. There’s something very likeable about Steel. Not sure what it is.

Lovely work by Dunn, Jury and Nawai are getting better together. But the Silverfern midcourt is not working at all. Uncharacteristic balls being thrown out the back. Just not used to seeing this from them.

ahdz
    Participant

Was awesome to see Woulff get the rebound haha

TB
    Participant

Why did Steel not have a GK on? She get sent off?

Jayceenz
    Participant

She was on a warning then she and Kersten both went for the same ball and Kersten ended on the ground consequently steel girl got suspended for 2 minutes.

Ian Harkin

SOUTHERN STEEL 56 def CENTRAL PULSE 52

Pulse:
    Dunn 39/40 (98%)
    Amaru-Tibble 13/14 (93%)
    TOTAL 52/54 (96%)

Assists 49 (Kersten 18)
    Gains 9 (Nawai 4)

Steel:
    Fisher 44/49 (90%)
    Metuarau 12/14 (86%)
    TOTAL 56/63 (89%)

Assists 49 (Saunders 23)
    Gains 7 (Heffernan 3)

Penalties: Steel 65-63
    Turnovers: Pulse 23-19

MVP: Kate Heffernan (Steel)

A good win from Steel. They started strongly, Pulse challenged them, but they held firm and took the win, their first win of the season away from Invercargill.

Ian Harkin

MVP: Kate Heffernan

Great performance from her, but good all round performance from Steel. For Pulse, it’s a bonus point, but I’m sure they would have been planning for a win today.

mcleod
    Participant

Wouldn’t really call Gordon, Souness and Kersten the Ferns mid court.
    The last game and half of the Con Cup the mid court was Crampton/Saunders, Poi and Winders.

TB
    Participant

But they are still in the Ferns team.
    I would prefer Kersten to be in at WD, Gordon C.

Baller
    Participant

The same problem area again in the Pulse games. So be it this season.

I would even put Souness at C and Gordon WA.

Impressive shooting stats from all four shooters. The Steel more consistent in their connections.

museboy
    Participant

Yes I would run the midcourt of Gordon/Souness/Kersten or Gordon/Kersten/Lokotui.

But so many times the Pulse couldn’t get the ball out of their defence end! Well played Steel.

Kwkiwi
    Participant

Disappointing game again from the Pulse. They could have won that game. Too many mistimed passes to Dunn that went out the back. Does Parata have any subs to change things up? There were no substitutions despite the Pulse playing catch up ball the whole game. Metuarau and Fisher look to be a pretty formidable combination.

Jinxibo
    Participant

Can someone explain the Caution-warning-2 minute rule??

Gordon got 2 official warnings, shouldn’t the second one have been a warning? was this clarified by the commentators, if so I didn’t hear it.

Jinxibo
    Participant

To true, Pulse could have won that game. They had 2 shooters, who can shoot on court and yet they only seem to want to pass the ball into Dunn, why :unsure:

Have to admit I don’t understand why Gail didn’t leave Rowland (spelling?) on the court after Fifita got sinbinned, she needs the experience.

WeWood
    Participant

Really great observation Flb re Metuarau forming strong combinations with her shooting partners. Once you said that it totally made sense.

Have been a southern fan since the Sting days and to be honest I thought this season would be a really hard one for them. They’re exceeding my expectations so far.

Jen O’Connell might be looking for a new franchise next year, or making the switch to the defensive end.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by WeWood.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by WeWood.
    Nesian
    Participant

I thought the Pulse should have won that. Too many bad passes on the attack. Kersten misses a lot of opportunities. I would like to see her back at WD and either Souness or Gordon in those C/WA roles.

Tibble is doing her best and for someone who came into the season expecting a few minutes here and there, she has been outstanding. The most accurate starting GA in the comp. Is she the fastest, nope, but she is like THSR, she has street smarts. Maybe that’s how they need to play her much like they did with THSR last night, give her a rest every now and then, then bring her back in to close the game out.

Used to be a fan of Fafita but she is quite dirty, a lot of off the ball play that isn’t needed. Hopefully the sending off is a wake up for her.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2021 ANZP ROUND 5