2021 ANZP ROUND 5

2021 ANZP ROUND 52021-05-14T23:51:34+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2021 ANZP ROUND 5

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Participant

What a way to save the game from Bird!! So clutch!

JR
    Participant

wow….

NZChampion
    Participant

Omg this intense!!!!

WeWood
    Participant

Need to watch the replay. Mes must’ve been over/on the transverse? Bugger for her.

Big clutch shooting from the Tactix. I’ve never seen Bird shoot from distance like that. Good on her.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by WeWood.
    al_ex
    Participant

What an amazing game. A great confidence booster for the Tactix. I’m glad they got over the line, an amazing fight back. TPSR and Bird stepped up big time at the end there. Their style of netball is so much more entertaining to watch.

Ian Harkin

TACTIX WIN!!!!

A break from Bailey Mes gave Tactix the chance and they scored the last 3 goals to win 64-63!

NZChampion
    Participant

Best game in a long time! Wow congrats Tactix!!! Great game by both teams. Mes, you’re going to get crucified. Don’t read social media this week.

TP the magical rebounder! Awesome game! She was running on e, but just absolute smarts and composure won that game by her.

Tactix defence is still coming along. Its not perfect, but it’s getting there. Defensively for Mystics, Sulu was outstanding. Sent Bird to the ground a few times though.

englishrose21
    Participant

Do you not think that was poorly coached by Wilson? Mes should have been off in the final quarter and then ultimately she lost them the game.

Maryann
    Participant

Mes lost them the game? Yes she broke or so the umpires called it (couldn’t hear the whistle myself) but how much ball did Toeava chuck away during the game – at least six passes. At the end of the day the Tactix were the better side.

WeWood
    Participant

Some great comments from Delaney-Hoshek. “I’m bloody pumped – feel like going out after that!” 😂

Also speechless about Ellie Bird’s shot to force extra time.

Ian Harkin

MAINLAND TACTIX 64 def NORTHERN MYSTICS 63 (after E.T)

Tactix:
    Bird 44/53 (83%)
    Selby-Rickit 20/29 (69%)
    TOTAL 64/82 (78%)

Assists 53 (Nathan 23)
    Gains 4 (Watson 2)

Mystics:
    Nweke 59/63 (94%)
    Mes 4/9 (44%)
    TOTAL 63/72 (88%)

Assists 56 (Toeava 23)
    Gains 6 (Fitzpatrick 3)

Penalties: Mystics 53-47
    Turnovers: Mystics 18-15

MVP: Sulu Fitzpatrick (Mystics)

What a game!!!

WeWood
    Participant

Concur with the comments about Toeava. Man it’s pretty when the speccy passes come off, and she does have an amazing innate sense with her feeding and connection with her shooters, but gee whizz the ball can also as easily fly out the back and up into the rafters if she’s off.

I would have taken Mes off to try something new, too.

However, even with the multiple turnovers and Mes’s 44% shooting 🥴 the Mystics only lost by 1. I’d like to see some rotation with Vui at WA and Tui at GA. Can’t hurt I say.

mcleod
    Participant

Wow what a ripper of a game. Bird and that shoot, Te Paea and her 2 long bombs in the last min of ET.
    20 goals for TP playing her way back into the Ferns no doubt.

WeWood
    Participant

Te Paea only shot 20/29 (69%) – great volume compared to other GAs – but I feel like she had about 5 rebounds? She was clearly buggered at the end, but shouldered on and kept being an option in attack.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by WeWood.
    al_ex
    Participant

I don’t rate Toeva at all. She’s quite reckless and doesn’t put in effort on defence. Her attitude is also questionable. Mes needs to shoot more goals than that.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2021 ANZP ROUND 5