2021 ANZP ROUND 6

2021 ANZP ROUND 62021-05-21T16:22:39+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2021 ANZP ROUND 6

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I agree with you. Watson doesn’t get called for all the contacts, intimidation, backing into players under the goal that other defenders get called for. Flopping even.

Umpires in the Nz league are starting to irritate. They seem to be on a power trip. Can’t see why Fisher got cautioned like that. You don’t notice the umpires half as much when watching the SSN. I don’t mind warnings for dangerous play but half of the whistle in the NZ league is just pedantic things.

Jayceenz
    Participant

So pleased kwkiwi that I am not the only one who doesn’t think Jane Watson is a perfect angel when it comes to playing. She seems to get away with blue murder especially last night and IMO if you are going to talk to the umpires then both teams need to have someone there at the time and not just one on one with one team only!!

Kat
    Participant

Wow, you can spot the sting/steel fans. I hope you were just as critical when Jane played for the steel.

All I remember is how wonderful everyone thought Jane was when she played for the steel. Personally I have never been a fan where ever she played however she is excellent player both domestically and internationally.

mcleod
    Participant

Jane is most likely to be the next Ferns captain, so get used to her talking to the umpires.
    She is a dam fine player, clearly got the better of Fisher, who sat on the bench sulking after her warning.
    Steel were outplayed,

Jayceenz
    Participant

What annoys me most is people saying it’s okay she’s a good player blah blah blah and then moaning about the physicality of the younger players but they see the older ones doing the same things and getting away with it and think well I can do it also. Yes I support Steel but I also support a fair game for both teams by the officials.

mcleod
    Participant

You can’t blame the officials for the 28 goal turn around from a round 1.
    Tactix were more hungry to win, there was a moment in the final Q, a stray pass from Te Paea, when into the mid court,
    the only 2 players interested in getting the ball, were in a red/black dress, Burger and Elley. Metuarau was standing as she does often just looking.
    Speaking of Metuarau her barging skills have not dropped. She gets away with a lot!!!!.

NZChampion
    Participant

Watson is NZs Laura Geitz. She has the knack of showing the umpire a contact. But her speed and reflects can make it appear to be the oppositions fault. I love that about her lol.

Jinxibo
    Participant

Jane Watson is just like any other netball player. You have a technique and style, some of it obvious (hand waving, taking a step in on the shot) and some of it not so (dress holding, pushing off). You deploy it throughout the game until you get repeatedly pulled by the umpire and then you stop/change.

B-) B-)

Jinxibo
    Participant

Oh forgot to ask, is this a position issue? @jayceenz, @Kwkiwi are you shooters or attackers?

As GD i love what Jane’s pulling out there.

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2021 ANZP ROUND 6