2021 ANZP ROUND 8

2021 ANZP ROUND 82021-06-05T14:44:36+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2021 ANZP ROUND 8

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Participant

They wouldn’t have been. The clock in the stadium would be run by the bench officials and the umpires would be alerted based on those times and clocks.

Ian Harkin

FULL TIME: STEEL 59 def MAGIC 58 (MVP: GEORGE FISHER)

Ian Harkin

Starting lineups:

Mystics led 17-13 at quarter time and have added to their advantage early in the second quarter. Now up 22-17. Mystics yet to miss a shot.

al_ex
    Participant

Mes shooting 3/3 in a full match of netball is not good for her Ferns chances, even if Nweke is included. There’s no way Klau and Bruce will allow the ball to get in that easily.

minkie
    Participant

Maybe she’s not looking at the Ferns?

Maryann
    Participant

Faulkner was supposed to be out for 8-10 weeks but may be back sooner. That’s pretty much the entire season.

Ian Harkin

FULL TIME: MYSTICS 63 def STARS 60 (MVP: GRACE NWEKE)

Jinxibo
    Participant

Well well, Tactix need to work on their 3rd quarter. There is definitely a problem there. Otherwise they need to look for a way of getting some fresh legs out there cause their 4th Q wasn’t great either B-)

Hume – I think she will get a chance for the Ferns. Mes’ shooting was never great and I thought she missed her chance. But DNT said she wanted to work with her and look what happened.

Magic, :yahoo: finally we looked as though we could actually win a game. I hope GT is okay. I’ve been hoping they would sign Semple for a while now, I just wish she’d been more conditioned, cause her shooting is great.

Steel – Metuarau and Fishers connection is scary. Fisher had butter on her fingers last week (as well as Watson to contend with) but this game she caught almost everything. Steel are my surprise package guest to make the finals. I think Metuarau will make the development squad. If there’s a Cadbury series she may get a chance with the main team.

mcleod
    Participant

The problem for the Tactix wasn’t the 3rd Q. It was the last 4 min of the final Q, they didn’t adjust to the changes in the Pulse defence. Tactix didn’t even play that well, if they had put their foot down, they would have won by a lot.

Stars should have had Harrison in the circle for the whole game. Maia is struggling somewhat, maybe being captain is taking it’s toll, that and personal issues.

Magic far, far better with Holly Fowler at GD, maybe it’s time for Temalisi to park up on the bench. Mikaere at GK and Fowler at GD. Steel almost let a big lead slip, they slowed up big time.

Mystics, who were really bad last week, then good the next. Such a hard team to work out.

Top 3 still to close to call. Stars have a tricky finish, Mystics (2), Steel (2), and Tactix (in Christchurch) and 1 each against Pulse and Magic.

Bonus points will play a part. Steel have had 0 from their 3 losses.

So my top 3 are Mystics, Tactix Stars

Jinxibo
    Participant

@Mcleod, isn’t it? If they had played better in Q3 then the last 4 minutes wouldn’t have mattered cos they would have been way ahead on the scoreboard.

It’s nice to see Fowler back and yes she did seem to make the difference back there. Funny it didn’t seem to work last season.

Agree with the comment about Harrison. As for Maria, wasn’t she looking after her mum? I wonder if it’s all getting to her. :scratch:

Mystics, Tactix and Stars. I fear for Mystics and their reliance on Grace.

Maryann
    Participant

I feel like the Mystics are using Grace, as the Fever uses Fowler. I do hope they work on Grace’s movement within the circle as to go further she really should be more than a holding shooter – the more tricks she has up her sleeve the better. But we do have to remember she is very young still.

I was at the game last evening but due to duties only saw the final quarter live – watched the full game on replay when I got home. What I did note was how clean this game was played compared to a lot of other games here this season, and so much better than the Steel, Magic game.

Harrison matching against Toeava was really a lost cause. I know Harrison has the arm length but she is no longer able to get down lower as fast as she used to and Toeava can just run underneath her.

Ioane may be back next week but still has a pretty swollen ankle – she was pretty gutted she couldn’t match against her old team. I would give Earle a lower chance of being back on court.

mcleod
    Participant

Tactix are helped by 5 of their last 7 at a home venue, although Nelson with 3 games is hardly close. Still need to hop on a plane. But still a home venue, could well come down to the last game of the comp, to see who makes the top 3.
    Pulse need Tibble to be there at GA. Very interesting comp this year.

Maybe the Mystics need to give Nweke a rest here and there. Big work load expect of her.

Waylay
    Participant

Why didn’t Mather get much of a run? Been in outstanding form. I understand the Harrison to WD move but it clearly didn’t work and should have been changed quickly.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by Waylay.
    JR
    Participant

Netball Zone tonight is about 15 years of the premier NZ netty comp on the teev – Sky Sport? I’ve written down it’s on at 5.30pm AEST. Is that right?

Maryann
    Participant

A bit late JR but yes that would be right. It was on at 7.30pm here. I missed it!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2021 ANZP ROUND 8