2021 ANZP ROUND 9

2021 ANZP ROUND 92021-06-11T20:37:24+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2021 ANZP ROUND 9

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Good points TB … TPSR shot 18/20 which is (1) a good amount and (2) a great percentage.

Most of the ANZP’s GAs shot fairly well …Semple 17/20 and she didn’t play a whole game.

Yesterday, TPSR looked slow at times, had a few brain snaps and didn’t look like she was supporting her two newbie GSs at times…but her stats show a lot of work.

In the SSN there’s a fair bit of acceptance of the GA playing a third feeder – Wood and ATN/Glasow this week. Sure they have dominant GSs. Looking back at previous games when Tactix dominant GS, Bird, was playing, TPSR does, mostly, shoot less. So she did step up on the shooting front.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by JR.
    mcleod
    Participant

Surely there will be a starting GS spot at the Magic in 2022. Wonder what Fisher will do. Steel should lock her in now.
    Other than Fisher, no more imports please, we need to have players like Tui on court.
    Speaking of Tui, it’s a shame someone like her who hasn’t had game time at all this year, couldn’t have been used for the Tactix last night. They do it in other sports, where players are loaned to other clubs.

WeWood
    Participant

Going through the current shooting stocks, Mystics and Stars are carrying a shooter too many.

Mystics – Nweke, Mes, Vui, Tui
    Stars – Wilson, Hume, Falkner, Malesala
    Magic – Bssett, Williams, Semple
    Pulse – Dunn, Ekenasio, Amaru-Tibble, Rowland
    Tactix – Bird, TPSR, Prosser
    Steel – Fisher, Metuarau, Pelasio

If Bassett doesn’t return, like you say McLeod there’s a spot going at Magic.

Despite being a loyal servant to the Pulse, wonder if they’ll re-sign AT for 2022?

Kate Grant showed she’s got plenty of fire in the belly to replace Prosser at the Tactix.

And, suspect Pelasio will make way for Georgia Heffernan next year. Don’t think a returning Jennifer O’Connell will unsurp Fisher however.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by WeWood.
    • This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by WeWood.
    al_ex
    Participant

I think Fisher will go to SSN. She would be exceptionally valuable with her accuracy from long distance, so I expect she’d get offered a lot more money. Her ability to play GA helps too. She’s a much better option than Potgieter for Thunderbirds.

I would love to see Tui and Williams combine at Magic. A future Ferns combo. Throw in a fitter Semple and they could be very dynamic. Vui should move to Pulse or Tactix, she’s very underrated in my opinion. Falkner could also be a good option for Pulse or Magic. NZL has a lot of good shooters just a step below Ferns level who need court time to develop.

mcleod
    Participant

Was thinking about ferns captain, it needs to be someone who can handle the intense media, that will come at the Com Games, we all saw that Rore didn’t handle it at all. Jane Watson will have no issues in taking the hard questions, she has been thru a lot in her life, so some hard questions shouldn’t bother her.

TB
    Participant

If CBass doesn’t return next year, I’d like to see Mes move to Magic and take up that GS spot. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Falkner return back to Magic too.

If I remember correctly, Grace Kara had a lot of knee injuries/problems. She praised the Magic’s team for making her knees feel great again. They may be able to help Falkner too.

A Magic shooting circle of Mes/Falkner could develop into a strong combination. Add in Williams and/or Semple, that’s great cover too.

PICASSO123
    Participant

I feel like Semple has so much to offer but her fitness is what’s holding her back. I remember watching the Netball Superleague when Semple was in her best form, she was slotting shots from every corner of the circle, reminded me of Ekenasio and Folau. Hopefully she ups her fitness and improves her shooting because she has much potential to be a Silver Fern.

NZChampion
    Participant

Agree TB, Mes to Magic. Tui back to Pulse, Steel or Tactix. Actually a new team would be great. So much potential coming through and not enough spots available.

mcleod
    Participant

A new team would be awesome, considering they had 8 back in the National Bank cup days.
    Cost factor would prob be a issue, but one based in Napier area.

Kerryn
    Participant

an extra team, or extend squads back to 12 – though that doesn’t help get the likes of Tui on the court…

and just to throw it out there – maybe an 8th team could be a mens team? then no bye round

(and could also have that in the NNL too with a max age limit – will give the teen boys something to strive for seeing as their pathway somewhat ends when they get to high school in most places)

has worked wonders for the silverferns – so why not take it to the two levels below that too
    :unsure: :unsure:

mcleod
    Participant

No to a mens team. They only thing it did last year playing the men, was makes the Ferns exhausted when they played England 5 days later.
    The Men are told how to play when they play the ferns, they could just lob to Junior Levi all game, and the defenders would never get the ball, ever.

Kwkiwi
    Participant

I’d like to see Dunn considered for the Ferns, being a Pulse supporter. She’s such a good shooter. Must be close between her and Nweke. I can’t imagine Nweke being any fitter than Dunn. Would be good if Metuarau got selected too. Semple impressed me. Not many shooters can shoot long like that. She’d be great in the SSN league 😜. I hope Toeava gets considered for the Ferns. She’s been exciting to watch this year. that’s my two cents worth…

WeWood
    Participant

There was a comment made about Metuarau and/or maybe Toeava that said, like Donna Wilkins they run riot in a zone. But playing against a man-on-man defence, they get worn down and costly on the errors.

Metuarau could overcome that I feel. Toeava, not sure. I find her free and easy on the turnovers as it is.

I would be happy to see Dunn and Nweke both as GS options with Wilson being a GA/GS with Hume the second GA option.

mcleod
    Participant

Maia is the number 1 Ferns shooter, she shouldn’t have to move out to GA, for a statue GS’s.
    I don’t have Nweke in the ferns.

sami j
    Participant

I feel Nweke is not quite ready for the ferns yet but I’d love to see Dunn back in there, hopefully she passes the fitness standard
    I personally would have Wilson, Hume, Dunn and TPSR for the ferns shooters

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 116 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2021 ANZP ROUND 9