2021 ANZP ROUND 9

2021 ANZP ROUND 92021-06-11T20:37:24+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2021 ANZP ROUND 9

Viewing 11 posts - 106 through 116 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I dunno McLeod, reckon Noels is onto something. 2019 Cadbury Series, she told Maia she would be playing in front of Bird and Dunn. I reckon she’d back her in at GA again.

Another shooting foursome could be Dunn, Wilson, Metuarau, Hume.

What Tiana has going for her is an established combination with Dunn and previous U21 experience with Wilson. Tell Mes and TPSR to go away, get better and work on their shot??

NZChampion
    Participant

Just like all of the would be shooters. Pass the yoyo and the world is your oyster. Interesting Debbie Fuller alluded to testing every 3 weeks. So they probably already have a good idea who is probable and who isn’t.

WeWood
    Participant

I like that NZC 😂

Maryann
    Participant

Well one additional positive of the comp is that Jury, playing out at GD, must surely be at the fitness level required for SF. I recall Dunn being out at GA at some stage earlier this season (am I right) and I had hoped she would be out there for more of the competition to increase her fitness levels.

For sure Noels has a good idea of who she wants and where their fitness levels lie. The fact is that fitness amongst the squads players, mostly, is at a much higher level than it has been due to the buy in/agreement amongst the coaches that the players needed to be ready for SF duty, if called on.

TB
    Participant

I wonder if a move to Pulse would be beneficial for a player like Falkner? I guess that would be dependant on when Ekenasio returns.

With Hume playing so well, Falkner will surely look elsewhere? I feel if you’re in the Ferns squad, you should be a starting player for your franchise team.

TB
    Participant

Our defence for Ferns is looking really good. We still have Rore, Karaka and MSB to return too.

Maryann
    Participant

TB – Do you think Rore will look at returning. I thought she was undecided as to her next steps.

Karaka doesn’t have a contract anymore. I don’t know if you saw her interview but I was pretty disappointed with the fact that it appeared she had just been kind of pushed aside. She indicated it was ‘kind’ of the Mystics to let her attend any training session. I have to add though that she also indicated that she hadn’t really decided what she was going to do post baby.

Looking forward to MSB returning. I think she is finding the mental journey harder than the physical one!

TB
    Participant

@Maryann I wouldn’t be surprised if Rore retired from international duties. But I also wouldn’t be surprised if she returns. I know she is quite into her CrossFit training, which would definitely keep you in shape. From what I seen on social media, she kept that training going right up until she gave birth.

Yes, I saw that interview with Phoenix on Sky Sports. My take on that situation, I thought Mystics were being too accommodating for her. I took the “come to training as you please” thing, as way of not being too pushy with her.
    Personally I think she’d be a perfect fit for Magic.

Totally agree with you on MSB!

mcleod
    Participant

Does anyone know how teams select their 10 for game day. Holly Fowler does not have a contract with the Magic, I guess nobody expected her to fully recover in 8 months after a ACL.
    Yet she has played a full game in the last 2 rds and part games in the previous 1 or 2.

I would have thought someone would have to be injured to allow her to play, or do they just name 11 or 12 players, and once the 10th player is on the court, that’s it.

TB
    Participant

I had the same question too @mcleod regarding Holly Fowler. I thought she wasn’t due back until next year.

TB
    Participant

In saying that, it doesn’t look like she’s missed a beat. Running fit, and you wouldn’t tell that she’s been out injured and had time off. That’s a huge credit to her!

Viewing 11 posts - 106 through 116 (of 116 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2021 ANZP ROUND 9