2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v Eng (Sept)

2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v Eng (Sept)2021-08-26T18:23:25+10:00

Forums International 2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v Eng (Sept)

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 464 total)
  • Author
    Ian Harkin

Vitality Roses depart for New Zealand to face Silver Ferns in international series

Baller
    Participant

Oh how exciting!

So not a full strength England squad in NZ.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Baller.
    Ian Harkin

England
    Ella Clark
    Rhea Dixon
    George Fisher
    Eleanor Cardwell
    Sophie Drakeford-Lewis
    Laura Malcolm
    Hannah Joseph
    Serena Guthrie
    Beth Cobden
    Imogen Allison
    Jade Clarke
    Geva Mentor
    Layla Guscoth
    Francesca Williams
    Vicki Oyesola

Following players added for the Australian leg only…
    Stacey Francis-Bayman
    Joanne Harten
    Helen Housby
    Natalie Haythornthwaite

Maryann
    Participant

So Geva Mentor willing to come to NZ and do two weeks in quarantine but the others aren’t?

Waylay
    Participant

The others have all been in SSN finals. So will need a break after the season. Geva has already been on break for a few weeks.

minkie
    Participant

I actually find his ironic. So many Kiwis in NZ gave us in Aus grief because a NSW person brought covid to them. The borders are shut for Kiwis wanting to see Pallative care family members. Yet the England team is given the go ahead for a netball series???? And yes I’ve had my two vaccines.

Maryann
    Participant

Minkie – I’m with you on this one. As much as I love my netball letting teams into NZ to quarantine yet pregnant women can’t get slots to return home, or for many other reasons is just wrong. I’ve said my bit.

cookiesnjam
    Participant

Looks like Roses will again be without a natural/experienced WA:/

PICASSO123
    Participant

Don’t sleep on Hannah Joseph. A very underrated WA in my view. Had an awesome season and her growth over the years has been phenomenal. Is sometimes better then Haythornthwaite and she has that natural connection with Cobden and Panagarry.

TB
    Participant

No Chelsea Pitman? Wasn’t she named in the squad a bit earlier this year?

minkie
    Participant

Maryann :good:

cookiesnjam
    Participant

PICASSO123 thanks for reminding me about Hannah Joseph:) Yep, I think she’s a great WA too and would definitely want her to start but I feel like Thirlby will go with Malcolm again.

PICASSO123
    Participant

cookiesnjam i think otherwise actually. If Cobden and Ella Clark get the start, it would make sense to have a natural WA such as Joseph get the starting bib. She plays for Loughborough Lightning with Cobden and E Clark, that connection is already there honestly. On the other hand, I feel like its time for Ella Clark to shine during this tour. Very underrated GA and can shoot long range as well. I’d go with long range shooters Cardwell and E Clark for the starting shooting spot. Afraid to say Watson might just eat Fishers confidence again if she continues to shoot from short range as shown in the ANZ Premiership.

cookiesnjam
    Participant

PICASSO123 I agree with you 100% re Clark. I’m a big fan of her and think she and Cardwell would be a great shooting combo:) if I’m not wrong Fisher can shoot from long range. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 464 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums International 2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v Eng (Sept)