2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v Eng (Sept)

2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v Eng (Sept)2021-08-26T18:23:25+10:00

Forums International 2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v Eng (Sept)

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 464 total)
  • Author

Dead level early in the 4th Q!

Morts
    Participant

This is fascinating to watch as an outsider. As in I haven’t watched domestic NZ netball since ANZ champs finished, and don’t watch the UK Superleague.

C so strange for NZ from me. I remember Saunders being a gun, yet both NZ centre’s have been so strange with their timing. Kersten in particular is in such weird space. Crampton playing well at times, but certainly not assisted.

Guthrie also looks to have lost some polish from her game, and Jade Clarke (who at times I absolutely LOVE) – is still THE MOST annoying niggly player when stood out of play. Cannot believe that is still a part of her game. Stacey Francis-Bayman does the same thing.. do they actually teach that in the UK!?

Overall a very entertaining game to watch.. and I think the Diamonds stand a good chance against both teams

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Morts.
    Morts
    Participant

Interesting to see which shooters drop out of the English 12 when Harten and Housby come back in. Surely not room for both Caldwell and Fisher. Reckon you could flip a coin – Caldwell looks more versatile, but from the little I’ve seen of Fisher she looks like the strong GS if you know how to feed her (cue Haythornthwaite in WA!)

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Morts.
    Jinxibo
    Participant

how unlucky was Burger with that interception??

have to and admit I called it out too!! but the overhead shoot said otherwise.

Does Netball need VAR??

Ian Harkin

A couple of quick turnovers created by the Ferns defence and just like that it’s 45-40.

nanator
    Participant

Surely, Tiana for MVP!?!

Flb
    Participant

Agree with CB98’s comments about the frustration with Malcolm on attack. Not sure that SDL is the issue in terms of setting up the attacking play, but Cardwell and Fisher did a good job when they made the change.

Burger really does benefit from all the hard work early in the game towards the end. And I love the energy Winders brings. I think they need her in the team.
    Great debut by Tiana.

NZChampion
    Participant

Congrats Silverferns!! The changes, structure and transitions were spot on.

Metuarau easy MVP! Have to say that she definitely fatigued towards the end, but soldiered on! So proud of her. Welcome to the big leagues!

Crampton played her worst ever game I have seen. Kersten not far behind. Saunders you bloody beauty! Definitely the difference for us on attack. Especially when everyone else was lacking. Maia was so strong and I’m so happy for her. She had a good come back game from her very rough season end.

Please can Burger never leave the court! She combined well with both Jury. Towards the end Sulu and Burger started to get in sync and boy it was beautiful to watch.

Noeline, you are just a master, guru, need a eifel tower sized statue etc… If that’s how they perform with 3 days training, 2 for some. Be very aware world!

Ian Harkin

Full time: NZ 48-42

Wilson 31/39 (79%)
    Metuarau 17/19 (89%)

Fisher 22/23 (96%)
    Cardwell 16/22 (73%)
    Drakeford-Lewis 4/4 (100%)

Assists: Malcolm 21, Crampton 16
    Gains: Guscoth 5, Burger 4

Penalties: Eng 61-32
    Turnovers: Eng 29-25

MVP: Tiana Metuarau

mcleod
    Participant

Centre is a big issue for the Ferns. We all know who should be there.

Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

Netballfan1
    Participant

Very flat game from Kersten and Crampton!! Perhaps we will see Poi in the starting 12 on Wednesday? Would have loved to have seen Heffernan get some game time too.

Still not sold by Jury out at GD. Loved the Burger + Sulu defensive end.

Couldn’t have asked for a better debut from Tiana.

Would love to see what this team is capable of with more time together!

Jayceenz
    Participant

Yep Kate Heffernan. One of the best centres of the ANZ season!! :good:

mcleod
    Participant

Worked out that since the Ferns lost to Aus in group stage at the WC, since then they have won 15 of their last 18 games.
    That is very impressive, considering that when Noels took over the team in 2018, they still were losing by big margins, even in early 2019.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 464 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums International 2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v Eng (Sept)