2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v Eng (Sept)

2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v Eng (Sept)2021-08-26T18:23:25+10:00

Forums International 2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v Eng (Sept)

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 464 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So many questionable decisions for the ferns. No idea why burger wasn’t on earlier & for longer and I’m not sold on jury at GD. Toeava just doesn’t work at this level and Maia didn’t work at GA. Also don’t know why Heffernan didn’t get on. I’ll be very disappointed if Kersten is in the 12 on Friday

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by sami j.
    PICASSO123
    Participant

Also, Nweke isn’t ready yet for top tier International netball. Mentor really kept her quiet and she even missed close shots too. Imagine Nweke up against Sterling or Bruce.

Toeva just proved that she was only a good WA in ANZ because her feeds to Nweke were unstoppable. Not tonight unfortunately.

Anyways, i expect the Ferns to take out the third test. Many players were out of position tonight and Noels wouldn’t repeat the same mistake on Friday.

ahdz
    Participant

Is it not better for it to happen here than in the Comm games? She’s never going to know how different players react unless it happens in real time in real game situations. It’s pointless winning games if we learn nothing from it. I’m pretty sure the Dame knows what she’s doing, you can all calm down now haha

Jinxibo
    Participant

:yahoo:

I didn’t expect that, I thought the Roses would win the game 1 and lose 2 & 3

We held together very well considering all the problems with Geva’s nose. LG stepped up again and so did Williams (I suppose playing against Wallams all season has it’s benefits). Jade was steady rock in the middle.

Jinxibo
    Participant

@ahdz, you’re spot on DNT knows exactly what she’s doing. IMO she probably wanted to try out some players/combos, such as Jury at GD, Maia at GA, Nweke and Toeava. She also got the opportunity to see how the SF would react to coming under pressure and coming from behind. They didn’t have it on this occasion but you can bet they will in game 3.

You have to remember Nweke has never played at this level, she’s still under U21 but never played at that level either.

Sulu, Jury and Burger at the back ?? that combo didn’t work for me perhaps Jury/Sulu/Burger would have been better.

Baller
    Participant

I’m going to presume Burger, Wilson Crampton are tactically being rested for Friday. Gordon has also proved her valve.

Bring on Friday!

Ian Harkin

Tonight was the first time in seven test matches against NZ that England has scored 50+ goals. In the previous 6 matches (all losses), they had only managed to score 45, 48, 45, 47, 47 & 42. Tonight Fisher scored 45 on her own!

Jinxibo
    Participant

Game 1 Ferns by 6
    Game 2 Roses by 10

Am I right in thinking that the Ferns need to win by 5 to take the series?

WeWood
    Participant

I think back to the Pure series and Taurua saying those initial games in 2018 when she took over she basically ‘set up’ players to see if they could/would perform under test match conditions.

Attacking wise I’d probably play Tiana in front of Maia again and then give her a half with Grace. They will have a combination from U21.

I’d like to see Kersten move out of the 12 and Poi come in. She’s shown previously she can pair with either Crampton or Saunders so give her a run. She couldn’t possibly do worse than Kersten has these two tests.

WD, maybe Heffernan, see what her extra height over the feed can do.

And then give Karin and Sulu a full game in defence. They’re used to playing with Jane, not as a pairing together.

Thoughts?

Ian Harkin

It’s a 3 game series, Jinxibo. Whoever wins game 3 takes the series! ;-)

mcleod
    Participant

No it’s a 3 test series, who ever wins game 3 wins 2-1

Ian Harkin

Kersten is a capable club player, but at this level you need something more. She’s just not very dynamic.

Jinxibo
    Participant

thanks Ian and Mcleod.

TB
    Participant

The changes I was hoping for at half time, was:
    C Saunders
    WA Toeava
    GA TPSR
    GS Nweke

I didn’t feel like Nweke was protected, being her debut game. IMO I thought Saunders experience would have helped the combination with Toeava.

I’m going to say, that these changes are all part of the bigger picture for DNT. If there isn’t a plan behind this (which I guess we’ll never know), then this shows the DNT is human after all 🤷‍♂️😂

Jinxibo
    Participant

I wanted to see Maia as GA with Nweke at the back but with so little prep time I think TPSR at GA would have been a better choice as she is used to feeding a tall GS.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 464 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums International 2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v Eng (Sept)