2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v Eng (Sept)

2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v Eng (Sept)2021-08-26T18:23:25+10:00

Forums International 2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v Eng (Sept)

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 464 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I honestly don’t see this whole fascination of Maia running at GA. And IMO it kind of looks amateurish playing here there, when you actually have GAs on the bench.

blondebomb
    Participant

Wonder if Fishers experience in AnZP was a catalyst to her MVP tonight?

enozlas
    Participant

Agree re comments to calm down. I feel like DNT is VERY aware of her stronger combos and what works best however this isn’t a comm games or nwc, these series are for exactly what she’s doing which is testing combos and players in different situations to then make the right selections for the big tournaments when it counts.
    Has she ever really failed you before now?? Have some faith.
    Crampton/Saunders are solid ferns and not at risk of a spot so why waste valuable tests (could be their last cause of covid) playing them when they’ve still got fringe players like Kersten/Toeva/Gordon to work out. I think she’s coaching extremely strategically, as always, and this will benefit the ferns in the long run when it matters most.

ahdz
    Participant

Because if they’re injured in a tournament you’re never going to know how she’s going to play there unless she’s tried there. Ferns will win comfortably in game three, but it was the perfect time to trial all of it. She also won’t show her hand just yet, it’s too early in the piece. She’ll keep tinkering with it but behind the scenes will know exactly that they’ll be ready to win gold.

Ian Harkin

Netballfan1
    Participant

What a frustrating game to watch.
    Why on earth Heffernan wasn’t played baffles me. There was literally nothing to lose!
    Toeava had some jitters, but I think she deserves more than one part game to show how what she can do at this level.
    Kersten just not impressive at all. So many plays she wasnt even providing an option for a pass.
    Nweke had a shaky start, but again, there’s only one way to get better and develop at this level.
    I was screaming for Burger to come on, I don’t understand favouring Jury at GD, surely Fitzpatrick at GD is a better option than Jury? Then Jury could drop back to GK?

Kwkiwi
    Participant

Interesting game. Fisher was outstanding. With a decent WA like at the Steel she will always be unstoppable. What a great talent for the Roses.
    Looks to me like Taurua was using this game as a training run mixing up players and didn’t care about the scoreline. All credit to the Roses though to turn around their game. The penalty count was very interesting, 44-44 this game and 60-30 in favour of the Ferns in the first test. How can that be?
    I disagree that Kersten wasn’t effective. I thought she looked pretty solid to me. That’s her game. I also wouldn’t judge Toeava on half a game. Of course she and Nweke would be a bit nervous in their first outing for the Ferns. That was particularly obvious with Nweke’s shooting. Don’t think Poi would add much more to the centre than what they have with Winders, Saunders and Kersten.

Waylay
    Participant

Plenty of people jumping to conclusions…. the only conclusions I have come to is Jury is not a GD and Crampton is soooo needed at WA!!

Nweke will grow from this, Toeava as well.

TB
    Participant

I don’t think Crampton is sooo needed at WA. Saunders covered that easily, and I do rate her better. That’s just my personal choice.

Ian Harkin
    Ian Harkin
    nanator
    Participant

Geva Mentor debuted for England in 2001 Tiana was born in 2001 and Grace in 2002.

Isn’t that just such an amazing fact and testament to the years of experience and form Geva has had? Amazing.

Jinxibo
    Participant

@nanator, thanks for the facts. I like it when Tiana said both Ama and Geva have baby sat her :-) :-)

cookiesnjam
    Participant

Wow. Have to admit I wasn’t a fan of Malcolm but she really stepped up another gear today. Such a better improvement from her today! Clarke was just outstanding when she came on and made such an impact! Opened up the attack end so well and she was just releasing the ball when she saw the space! I would start her on Friday but Guthrie seems like a Thirlby favourite. Fisher and Drakeford-Lewis were just sensational- absolute poetry in motion. I thought our whole defensive unit was very strong in particular, Guscoth and Mentor. Can’t wait for the last test!

Jinxibo
    Participant

@WeWood, I think that’s the long term plan. DNT likes flexibility so I’m guessing she she won’t want 2 player who only play GS in her squad.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 464 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums International 2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v Eng (Sept)