2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v Eng (Sept)

2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v Eng (Sept)2021-08-26T18:23:25+10:00

Forums International 2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v Eng (Sept)

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 464 total)
  • Author

England with the lead and looking like winners!

Kat
    Participant

Congrats to the England team. Well deserved win. Back to the drawing board for the Silver Ferns.

nanator
    Participant

Wow, what a comeback from the Roses! Thrilling game

Maryann
    Participant

A well deserved win to the Roses. They ground it out the best.

It’s not all bad for the Ferns. The centre court attack and defence needs to do more.

nanator
    Participant

I actually think Jess Thrilby has made some very smart choices in this game – that second half to comeback, must have had some stern words. Has she out coached DNT or is it just a better bench/injury free?

Jinxibo
    Participant

@Nesian, you called it Roses win

enozlas
    Participant

Definitely a game of two halves. Cardwell was fantastic, and SDL was phenomenal in opening up space in the circle.
    England have now come from behind in two games now so their confidence will be high! Really impressed with Malcom, she cops a lot of flack but I actually think she’s got so much potential in WA

Waylay
    Participant

Sorry but Jury is not the answer at GK and especially not at GD. I want to know why Kate Burley wasn’t picked?

I thought Teeps and Maia were good in attack and I love Saunders in WA.

How smart is Drakeford-Lewis! Guscoth is incredible for England.

Ian Harkin

Full time: Eng 49-45

Wilson 29/33 (88%)
    Selby-Rickit 16/20 (75%)

Eleanor Cardwell 25/26 (96%)
    Fisher 13/16 (81%)
    Drakeford-Lewis 11/12 (92%)

Assists: Malcolm 25
    Gains: Guthrie, Jury 3

Penalties: Eng 57-43
    Turnovers: NZ 23-22

MVP: Serena Guthrie

Series: Eng 2-1

Jinxibo
    Participant

@nanator, interesting comment JT out coached DNT hmm I don’t agree with that, I think the Ferns missed a leader on court. I can’t recall SF ever losing a 10 goal lead.

Having said all of that DNT said the Ferns were under done entering this series

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Jinxibo.
    Yoon
    Participant

Almost the same number of goal attempts for both sides, Roses’ higher accuracy saw them through, despite them having nearly 20 more penalties.

Great series with both teams missing key players from expected final CWG/World Cup teams. Great promise for the future re depth of squads.

Silvero20
    Participant

Waylay – Jury not the answer at GK? Seriously? 3 gains and 7 deflections is a decent effort. Maia was monstered mate. Check your glasses.

Silvero20
    Participant

@nanator – agree, outcoached 100%.

Jayceenz
    Participant

English defence got away with stuff our girls got pulled up for. Go figure! Happens everytime. Serena not my choice for MVP either.

enozlas
    Participant

Also jury doesn’t need to be “the answer” your starting and best GK missed this whole series with injury so this was a fantastic opportunity to see what Jury could do and I think overall she took the opportunity and did really well when in GK.

Few things of note…
    WOW I miss international netty! These games were fantastic and played at incredible intensity.

And secondly, after a pretty disappointing season by her standards Geva was outstanding this series. Shows what her fully fit body can still do!

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 464 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums International 2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v Eng (Sept)