2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v Eng (Sept)

2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v Eng (Sept)2021-08-26T18:23:25+10:00

Tagged: 

Viewing 14 posts - 451 through 464 (of 464 total)
  • Author
      tasman
      Participant

It was a shame the ferns had so many injuries during the series. I wish the Aucklanders had gotten their government exception earlier to fly down and train together. A “risk assessment” should have been expedited, because honestly it wouldn’t take more than 48 hours for someone to review the information, make a decision and sign off. When we talk about support for women’s sport, these are the tangible ways that the government can provide support – it’s not just money or stadiums that are required.

England – Jade Clarke was always going to be included in the team but she is now pushing for a starting 7 position. Guthrie looks like the starting WD (rather than C) – i assumed Cobden had it sewn up, and while she was good, Guthrie is more menacing at WD and makes a more formidable combination with Clarke than Cobden. I think Cardwell and SDL have the 3rd and 4th shooting spots, mainly due to versatility and movement that Thirlby will want. Cardwell can hold quite well also.

Silver Ferns – they need more practice playing against a 1on1 defence. The attacking players were clearly uncomfortable and made too many errors. Burger had a quiet game 3 but putting Jury at GD was not the right move, especially on SDL. Jury is much more effective at GK, it’s just that Cardwell had the better of her that time. Didn’t Burger ever play GK? Tong is a bit short for GK, I hope she finds her niche in GD/WD. Everyone is hating on Kersten but i think that’s the game that DNT wants from her – moving the ball around and releasing the pressure when required, rather than being a play maker or running a muck. Problem was that Saunders got shut down by Guthrie in that second half. I do prefer seeing Poi in there though because i think she handles the 1on1 defence much better due to her superior fitness. Again, wish Heffernan got a chance, even at WD since Laura Malcolm is also quite a tall WA. And Winders lost her potency in the second half. Grace should have gotten a second chance, particularly in that 4th quarter. Saunders used to play with Fowler so should be good to feed a tall holding shooter.

Jinxibo
        Participant

I’m rewatching game 2 and noticed MDH in the crowd. Just wondering if SDL is the player she needs to make Tactix ANZP winners?

SBNETTY
          Participant

The replay of the third test on Netball NZ, seem to be showing the 2nd test. Does anyone else have the same problem?

Sarah0
            Participant

Yes me! I’ve rechecked 3 times incase I was wrong but it’s definitely showing the 2nd test

We’ve sent a message and asked them to have a look at it. Hopefully they’ll fix it for you.

al_ex
                Participant

SDL would be great for Tactix. GA and WA have been their problem for years. She’s a great changeup in both positions.

Reply from NNZ/Silver Ferns about the third test video…

“Thank you! Looks like the file is corrupted. Getting it sent back as we speak so should be up in the next few hours”

WeWood
                    Participant

A real missed opportunity for the Tactix @Jinxibo and @al_ex.

I think SDL could have really combined nicely with Poi at WA and allowed Samon Nathan to be pushed back to WD as a change up. Samon did well there when out there this year.

Really the only WD back-up they have is Burger who I think they’ll want to keep in the circle with Watson as much as possible.

Would have given TPSR something to think about and improved her GA game too.

The 3rd test video is now up, guys.

SBNETTY
                          Participant

Thanks Ian

Maryann
                            Participant

No where to pop this currently but here.
                              TV1 news tonight said that Nweke, Crampton and Toeava have remained in the South Island for the next series. Fitzpatrick has returned home to her young children (injury will have forced her out of the series I suspect). I might be wrong though – border restrictions out of Auckland are being marginally eased tonight.

Participant

England Netball Roses coach Jess Thirlby joined Three Feet Radio to review the series victory over the New Zealand Silver Ferns.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=997309511051462&ref=sharing

Viewing 14 posts - 451 through 464 (of 464 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              Go to Top