2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v Eng (Sept)

2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v Eng (Sept)2021-08-26T18:23:25+10:00

Forums International 2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v Eng (Sept)

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 464 total)
  • Author
    Participant

@enozlas Harten, Haythornthwaite and Housby will only be available for the Australian leg of the Roses tour as well as Bayman-Francis.

xpert11
    Participant

Ahead of next week’s New Zealand Silver Ferns v England Netball Roses series in Christchurch, Three Feet Radio chatted with exciting Roses shooter George Fisher.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=856786984991411&ref=sharing

TB
    Participant

@Wewood I was surprised that DNT used those words “We’re under done”. Considering what England has had to go through, and they are still missing some key players for this series.

Yes the Ferns have had some big interruptions, but they are playing this series at home and with a full squad.

England are a quality side, but IMO the Ferns should take this out.

mcleod
    Participant

England have been out of MIQ for 9 days. They are far more advanced in prep than the Ferns.

enozlas
    Participant

Thanks Picasso! :)

Crazy to think that given the differences in how the 3 countries have navigated this pandemic that out of all of them it’s England that will have had the best prep going in to the NZ games while the diamonds can’t even get together as a team and ferns only just managed to get their captains to the training sessions. What a bizarre world we live in!

Maryann
    Participant

The Ferns have a squad with quite a few new combinations – potentially. Missing Ekenasio and Watson takes away the normal leadership at both end of the court however Fitzpatrick has that in excess in the defence end. My biggest concern is the shooting end and who will step up there. Hopefully Wilson is able to return to the form of old but if she is off then its going to be a serious challenge. I guess Crampton/Saunders will have to guide that end as well.

It will be a good series, a great opportunity for up and coming squad members to stand up and say here I am and here I deserve to stay.

Looking forward to a sport I enjoy on tele!

cookiesnjam
    Participant

I’m curious to see everyone’s starting seven for both Roses and Ferns:)
    Mine would be:
    GS: Cardwell Wilson
    GA: Clark Selby-ricket
    WA: Joseph Crampton
    C: Guthrie Saunders
    WD: Clarke Winders
    GD: Guscoth Burger
    GK: Mentor Fitzpatrick

Ian Harkin
    TB
    Participant

I think the 7 that will be chosen for the Ferns:
    Wilson
    TPSR
    Crampton
    Kersten
    Winders
    Burger
    Sulu

The 7 I’d like to see started:

Nweke
    TPSR
    Crampton
    Gordon (or Poi)
    Winders
    Burger
    Sulu

I know it’s probably not a good thing to want Nweke to start straight away. But I’m impatient, I just want to see it happen 😁

I do think they need some youth in the midcourt, that can really inject that speed. Playing Gordon or Poi at C, with two really experienced wings, would be a good balance.

Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin
    Ian Harkin
    Jinxibo
    Participant

great articles!

So are we expecting Jess and Noels to name a match day squad of 12? the games are so close together will they just keep the entire group available for selection?

Ian Harkin
    Ian Harkin
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 464 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums International 2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v Eng (Sept)