2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v NZ Men’s Invitational team

2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v NZ Men’s Invitational team2021-09-12T11:05:46+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v NZ Men’s Invitational team

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 236 total)
  • Author

Full time: Ferns 59-58

Nweke 30/36 (83%)
    Metuarau 17/21 (81%)
    Wilson 12/16 (75%)

Geldard 44/44 (100%)
    Jefferies 14/17 (82%)

Penalties: 47-47
    Turnovers: NZ Men 21-18

What a great game. Went right down to the wire. Who was your player of the match?

Jayceenz
    Participant

Mens WD is Tyra Lauagiagi (scuse the spelling) and she is a trans athlete. Man she can play!!

JR
    Participant

Re the NZ WD – her name is Tyrah Lauagiagi. She played the first half and then the last quarter. She’s a trans athlete. She identifies with the female subject, object and possessive pronouns and possessive adjective (she, her, her and hers). An alternative for trans people is to use they, them, their and theirs.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by JR.
    JR
    Participant

The mens’ coach is a delight to listen to.

Thanks to NNZ for letting us watch these games here in OZ and thanks for the generosity to have a long wrap up session – SSN and 9 can learn something from that.

Kerryn
    Participant

@JR he was also a bloody good umpire (retired a bit before ANZ champs started)

JR
    Participant

Thought the NZ Mens’ GS was best …can’t go past 100% and a big score too.

Re Ferns’ GA…..thought Wilson was better tonight. But then compared her shooting (amount and %), CPRs and feeding stats to Metuarau’s. Metuarau was better on all of these stats AND far less GPTs.

JR
    Participant

Yes I heard he was an umpire – and a loud one!! Ha Ha! Thanks Kerryn.

mcleod
    Participant

I get the feeling Noels might just take 3 defenders to the Com Games.
    But all 3 need to be GK/GD. Sulu isn’t a GD and really neither is Jury. Risky but that’s what Noels has done all this year.
    Watson and Burger are locked in (unless a terrible form drop or heaven forbid injury)

Ian Harkin

I’m confused (not for the first time). Isn’t this a men’s team? Is she allowed to play against women regularly or does she have to stick to mens and mixed? Must admit to not knowing much about this. I wasn’t able to watch the whole game, but I tuned in and thought it strange there seemed to be a woman in the men’s team. :scratch:

mcleod
    Participant

Yes I’m confused as well. Man/Lady/???

JR
    Participant

mcleod – who are the other NZ Defenders who play GD as their first position?

NB12
    Participant

Sex is biological, gender is an identity, or a “feeling”, you could say.

Without knowing anything about her, I would hate to assume but it’s possible she identifies as female, but is biologically a Male and participates as such.

Baller
    Participant

I genuinely think the reason NT is only selecting three defenders is because 4th option (at the time) isn’t up to caliber.

Wilson, Ekenasio (?), Metuarau and Nweke my four shooters of the series also.

TB
    Participant

I don’t think Noels would only take 3 defenders to a major event. I feel like, during this selection process, she’s just not going to hand out caps for the sake of it. She’s probably keeping that spot vacant for a few returnees.

Looking forward to watching this game!

WeWood
    Participant

@Baller I think things would be made easier for Taurua if both Johnson and Rore making a storming return next year. Would give her the chance to keep her middies C/WA-focused (in addition to Crampton and Saunders who we’re all assuming are locked-in) because each of Johnson, Rore and Burger could cover WD.

If Gordon’s name is still in the mix, that would give Taurua a fourth option.

I really hope Poi can do whatever she needs to for the Tactix next year. She’s been dynamite for the Ferns in previously.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 236 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v NZ Men’s Invitational team