2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v NZ Men’s Invitational team

2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v NZ Men’s Invitational team2021-09-12T11:05:46+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v NZ Men’s Invitational team

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 236 total)
  • Author
    Ian Harkin

‘It doesn’t make sense’: Aotearoa Men’s netball team denied six travel exemptions for Silver Ferns series

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/netball/300425944/it-doesnt-make-sense-aotearoa-mens-netball-team-denied-six-travel-exemptions-for-silver-ferns-series

enozlas
    Participant

As someone in AUS who has spent most of the last 18 months locked out of my home state and away from my partner and family, I am actually in support of an exemption system and understand it’s necessity until we are all protected enough.
    However the inconsistencies that both the AUS and NZ governments continue to display when it comes to who gets granted and who doesn’t is just beyond ridiculous now.
    I really feel for the Mens team and Kruze made a very good point that exemptions were granted for the SF when Auckland was in level 4 yet now that it’s been downgraded and the exemption being applied for are on essentially the same grounds it’s been denied??

Ian Harkin
    Baller
    Participant

We’ve confirmed our 12 for tonight’s opening match of the Cadbury Netball Series against Aotearoa Men in Wellington. Midcourter Sam Winders will not take part in the match as she continues rehab on a lower back strain, while shooter Tiana Metuarau continues her return to play strategy following an adductor strain.

Shooters:
    Jamie Hume
    Grace Nweke
    Te Paea Selby-Rickit
    Maia Wilson

Midcourters:
    Gina Crampton (c)
    Maddy Gordon
    Kate Heffernan
    Claire Kersten
    Shannon Saunders

Defenders:
    Karin Burger
    Kelly Jury
    Georgia Tong

The playing 12 will be confirmed on game day throughout the series, as selected from the series wider playing group.

JR
    Participant

So excited this is going ahead and that we can watch it here in Oz…thanks Netball NZ.

Only disappointed so many of the mens’ team won’t be there.

HBHP
    Participant

I’m really hoping to see Heffernan and Hume get their first caps tonight!

schmeetle
    Participant

But will any games against the men be counted as “caps” as the games are not internationals?

Kerryn
    Participant

there weren’t last time, Grace played in the Cadbury series last year for the ferns but her first cap was against England in this latest series

Ian Harkin

Yeah, they’re games for NZ, but they’re not test caps.

mcleod
    Participant

3 WA’s and 2 WD sort of C’s for the Ferns. Such a strange selection, doubt Toeava will get a go again.

Kerryn
    Participant

Heffernan has been playing all year at C and is solid – but still lots to learn
    Saunders decent C but I think she’s probably the best WA
    Gordon – I think the further up she plays the less dirty she is (I think she’s a very destructive WD)
    Kersten – a distant 4th behind the above 3 to play C (just in my opinion) but I would also rate her behind Gordon, Heffernan and Burger at WD (just from those in the team tonight)

Ian Harkin
    Kerryn
    Participant

according to the live scoring page these are teh stargting line ups
    GS Maia Wilson
    GA Te Paea Selby-Rickit
    WA Gina Crampton
    C Madeline Gordon
    WD Claire Kersten
    GD Karin Burger
    GK Kelly Jury

GS Jay Geldard
    GA Daniel Jefferies
    WA Eriata Vercoe
    C Nick Grimmer
    WD Tyrah Lauagiagi
    GD Jaryn Tainui
    GK Victor Godsmark-White

EDIT: Ian bet me to it lol

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by Kerryn.
    Netballcrazy1
    Participant

Aussie here who doesn’t always remember who’s in the squad vs development squad. Is Poi anywhere to be seen for this series? I find it very weird that she hasn’t been given a run in C yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 236 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v NZ Men’s Invitational team