2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v NZ Men’s Invitational team

2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v NZ Men’s Invitational team2021-09-12T11:05:46+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v NZ Men’s Invitational team

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 236 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I thought Jury was great too.

Baller
    Participant

Like you said McLeod in an earlier post Toeava won’t get a look with Crampton and Saunders at WA.

JR
    Participant

What would be the mens’ line up if the Auckland players had been able to play?

mcleod
    Participant

If Maia can keep improving at GA. Then Te Paea and Hume won’t be needed when Ekenasio and Mes return.
    Heffernan might push Winders out.
    Watson slots back into the defence

Kerryn
    Participant

@JR these are who wasn’t able to join them: Kruze Tangira, Maru Delamere, Joseph Tukaki, Timmy Apisai, Dan Rich, Quintin Gerber and manager, Jill Findlay

Tangira, Tukaki (tall experienced D) Apisai, and Gerber (tall shooter – about the same height as Levi but 1/3 of the size) were all definitely part of the last series, so I imagine they all would’ve been starting lineup – so possibly would’ve made a difference all in all, but who knows – 3 games in 3 days – the ferns should’ve won atleast game 3 on fitness/endurance alone even with the men at full strength

JR
    Participant

Ug….Wilson was not 89%, it was Nweke.

Kerryn
    Participant

@mcleod I think if Poi stays out’ve favour – then a Winders/Heffernan/Saunders/Crampton midcourt could work

though if Gordon can play a more C/WA role for pulse this year then that might give her a good shot.

and I think Mes (along with TPSR) might be the unlucky one if Maia can keep improving at GA – would have a Nweke/Wilson/Ekenasio/Meterau shooting end

it’s quite nice that NZ is back at the stage of who to leave out

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Kerryn.
    JR
    Participant

Thanks Kerryn. It was interesting listening to Kruze, and funny when he said he’s the shortest of the usual starting line up and he’s 6 feet …and earlier was talking about himself at WA!

I thought the Mens’ defence fell apart in the last quarter. Fitness? Combinations?

I thought the Mens’ WD was great to watch.

Maryann
    Participant

Noels made it clear to Maia from the beginning that she would want her to play at GA as well as GS and to Maia’s credit she has worked and worked on it. Maia and Grace proved a very effective combination. For those of you who haven’t been shoulder to shoulder with Grace she is one seriously big unit. She is also incredibly determined and passionate about cementing herself as the SF no.1 shooter – she will do what is needed, and more, to get there.

I’m not sure Bailey will make herself available for Ferns again, just a gut feeling.

Gordon did well out there tonight, she is nuggety and it showed.

JR
    Participant

I think Karin Burger is my fave player at the moment. She is quite amazing. I do want to know how high she gets off the ground – standing leap and running leap – anyone know?

Baller
    Participant

Can anyone remember the comments Fuller made to Heffernan and can explain whilst coaching?

Really want to see what Metuarau can add.

A much better performance from the SF. Add Watson, Fitzpatrick, Ekenasio, Winders and possibly Rore, Karaka, Johnson…looking very promising!!

Ian Harkin

A couple of notable things… Nweke was on song, but the other Ferns shooters combined for 19/42 at 45%.

The Men’s team had 28 turnovers compared to just 17 from the Ferns. Combined with the defensive effort of Jury & Burger, that gave the Ferns the edge.

Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

JR
    Participant

Woo hoo …hope they start Grace and Tiana.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 236 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v NZ Men’s Invitational team