2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v NZ Men’s Invitational team

2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v NZ Men’s Invitational team2021-09-12T11:05:46+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v NZ Men’s Invitational team

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 236 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I agree @Wewood this was probably one of Kerstens best games she’s played in the black dress. I have been quite critical of her selections, and her games.
    To be honest, going by the amount of court time she gets (and considering they have so many midcourt options), I’m surprised she didn’t make it as captain 🤷‍♂️

Is Winders out injured? I am surprised not to see her in this line up.

WeWood
    Participant

@TB Winders is also under an injury cloud.

Do we read anything into Te Paea being excluded from tonight’s 12 and Hume retaining her place?

Gordon in C and Kersten in WD is how they should have played for the Pulse the whole year.. there was a comment made that Maddy cleaned up her game (compared to WD) and I agree. I know she started out as a WD but I think her future (and her talents) are best focused on WA/C.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by WeWood.
    Baller
    Participant

Hume didn’t get any Roses courttime but her movement was on point last night. I think she deserve a second opportunity.

mcleod
    Participant

Apart from 2/8 I thought Hume, was far more useful than Te Paea, who has had so many chances since what 2016.
    Ferns used the Zone defence very well in the last Q. Men ran out of puff, and slowed to a crawl.

If the Ferns start well, they really could embarrass the men tonight.

cookiesnjam
    Participant

I really liked the work that Hume did yesterday- shooting wise her shots just weren’t hitting the ring but she did a great job in the playmaking aspect. Both her and Selby-Ricket had poor shooting percentages so I’d prefer Hume over Selby-Ricket because she did a better job feeding compared to Selby-Ricket.

I’d really like to see this line-up start this time:
    GS: Nweke
    GA: Metuarau
    WA: Crampton
    C: Kersten
    WD: Heffernan
    GD: Burger
    GK: Jury

mcleod
    Participant

Have to wonder why Toeava is in the squad, she is never going to get a go, over Crampton, Saunders or Gordon.
    If Winders back is so bad, that she can’t play. Why was some other player brought in.

Maryann
    Participant

@McLeod, I believe Winders injury was a last second injury so no time to do anything – I assume you mean why wasn’t another player brought it?

Hume definitely deserves another chance tonight based on last nights ability to feed the ball and to prove that she can shoot at international level. TP’s had years now to produce the goods.

Ian Harkin
    Kerryn
    Participant

@mcleod & @Maryann Lokotui is also a WD cover (along with Tong) so not bringing someone in to cover Sam’s injury isn’t an issue – I would’ve thought maybe Poi for the C aspect but as has been said time and time again through out the thread – no one is quite sure why she is so out’ve favour.

and I agree with Hume, she played well, and really her shooting wasn’t that much worse that TPSR who you called almost call a SF veteran now – the nerves were definitely there last night which is understandable (maybe being on with Maia would’ve helped with that?)

I’d love to see Tong get on tonight with Burger (I think Jury is way to slow at GD against the speed of the guys)

Ian Harkin
    Ian Harkin

WeWood
    Participant

Geez dunno what Gordon and Kersten have had for brekkie the last two days, but it’s working. Wilson as well, playing with a confidence not seen since the middle of the ANZP season. Finding and creating space and the shot is great. More of this please.

cookiesnjam
    Participant

Great start from Ferns. Wilson and Nweke really starting to build a nice combination and Crampton and Gordan are letting the ball go! Good to see both shooters not having the shooting yips today. I’m liking how Gordan and Kersten are making the men work the ball. Hope Ferns can keep up this intensity!

Waylay
    Participant

Kersten really stepping up in WD. Loving her there

JR
    Participant

Are the commentators watching the game on TV in Auckland? Isn’t Kruze one of the players who could make it out of Auckland?

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 236 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v NZ Men’s Invitational team