2021 CONSTELLATION CUP – AUST v NZ (Oct)

2021 CONSTELLATION CUP – AUST v NZ (Oct)2021-07-14T10:04:03+10:00
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Wednesday 13 October – Brisbane Entertainment Centre
      Sunday 17 October – Cairns Convention Centre
      Thursday 21 October – Spark Arena in Auckland
      Sunday 24 October – TSB Arena in Wellington

Morts
      Participant

It’s irrational, but series with an equal number of games really annoy me. I want an outright winner, best of five! Not 2 games all and winner comes down to number of goals :negative:

mcleod
        Participant

That’s good that NZ gets 2 games, seeing that we only had half a crowd for game 4 and none for games 1,2,3.

thunder123
            Participant

I understand why this has happened, but could Aus/NZ not do the same as the Roses and undertake two weeks of quarantine.
              you’d have to think the Roses will have the upper hand coming into pinnacle events, knowing they’ve played their opposition and grew their game and opportunities

mcleod
              Participant

Just a bit crap IMO. Considering the All Blacks flew to Perth, from a locked down Auckland, and 7 days later played Rugby in from of 55,000 fans.

Not sure if this is right or not, but I wonder if the problem is playing 2 tests in both countries? If they just played all 4 tests in Australia, would that be easier. I mean, all 4 tests were played in NZ earlier in the year, so why couldn’t they reciprocate and have all 4 tests here this time?

Maryann
                  Participant

I think the issue is 4 weeks quarantine for 4 games – whether it be two weeks each at the beginning and middle or middle and end it means a long time for the 4 games and the fact you can’t really walk out of QT and onto a court without some time between.
                    Did the Diamonds have to go into managed QT on their return from NZ earlier this year?

mcleod
                    Participant

Only some of the Diamonds had to go into MIQ on return. MIQ spots are impossible to get at such short notice, on either side of the Tasman. That’s why I am surprised the Roses are able to get them in Aussie.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Go to Top